Career put on hold

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by chrisjf84, Aug 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Due to changing circumstances I have had to put my start date 19th Sep on hold, quite gutted but shiza all I can do at the moment, thanks to everyone who has answered my questions,

all the best

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Never mind, some things are not meant to be, others happen later, hopefully.

Not a good time to turn down a job offer as the average wait is going to be two or more years to get another start date, as I'm sure you are aware. On the plus side, as there's a few weeks notice, as long as you've told the AFCO, the training place can now be taken-up by the next person on the top of the list to go - if it's any consolation, you've just made someone a very happy bunny.

Best of luck anyway.
  3. What trade ???

Unlucky, sorry to hear that
  4. Ninja, how is your processing board doing? Ours is full of Officers and RM's.
  5. My Branch was AET,
  6. Just thought I'd let you know, You are one crazy mother f*cker! Can't belive youv done such a thing, but If other things have cropped up I can't blame you!

I agree with Stoker, youl of made some little lad or lass a very happy one!

Good luck in the future!
  7. Hope it's not a bird mate. You'll kick yourself
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ditto. Over 100 awaiting allocation of an entry date, more than 400 active candidates in the system haing passed the Recruiting Test.

Again, the amount of individuals that have emotional pressure placed upon them, by their partner, not to join or to submit PVR, but later regret it bitterly is truly staggering.
  9. I remember my then fiancee prrssure me in to leaving just before my PVR date. Luckily i stayed strong even though i really did have a good think about it. She didnt last much longer than that. Now shes a single mother with some drop out thats karma for you hahaha.
  10. Ninja_Stoker

It happens virtually every week at Raleigh. (When they bother opening :wink: )
  12. :idea: Why dont you recruiters do a bit of moonlighting by supplying McD/KFC/BurgerK with those on your waiting lists?

Could be a nice little earner and 'twould keep 'em off the strasses until entry time beckons :wink:
  14. When someone comes in now expressing an interest to join up, first we tell them it’s a two year wait for RN Ratings. ASAP RM's and RN officers X, E and SM.

The state of the forces recruitment is shocking. We are now losing potentially great guys who are really keen to join up. But due to the two year wait imposed will eventually lose sight of the end result or circumstances will change and they will no longer wish to join up. Eventually we will have another black hole to contend with in years to come.

Until this SDR is complete we can only speculate. I’m just glad I am only at a careers office for a few months, until I start my new draft.
  15. RU down in Pompey then Digger??
  16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Blimey! You must be drinking a helluva lot of tea at the moment... :shock: :lol:
  17. Portsmouth? How bloody dare you. I'm in sunny Surrey, with all those Officer types.

We go horse riding and shooting at the crack of dawn. Sometimes I may get my servant to tip the poor people on the side of the road.

Where are you at SM?

SPB. I don't drink wets, never have. I only drink water for some reason, Or hot chocalate if its from a Rat Rack.
  18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Herrmerr... 8O :D
  19. But suerly if people arnt leaving and we are nearly at 100% manning theres nothing else that can happen?
  20. Danny, its true if no one leaves then no one can enter. But on the other hand its shit for the lads who keep ringing up the office wanting to join and we can't offer any help, but to say hang in there we will be able to offer you a space soon.

However I believe that there is also lot a dead wood in the Navy, I.e people on 10OE and FTRS. And If I was in their shoes I too rightly wouldn't want to leave either, due to the current economical climate outside. Also its not the fault of the draftys who gave out 10OE either, as no one in their right mind would have been able to predict that the Navy would have 100% manning due the financal meltdown we have seen over the last few years.

We just seem to be in a catch 22 situation.

Oh well life in a blue one.