Career guide publication(s) code...please help!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by officer_inland, Jun 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I'm just finishing filling in some more forms (hopefully the last but we shall see! lol) and am wondering what I am meant to put on the blue form, which is the supplement to AFCO form 4, where it asks for a code for the career guide publication I have used. I'm guessing I just leave it blank but don't want it returned to me if there should be something there! Anyone gone through this recently who can help? 8O
  2. I'd call the AFCO if t'were me.
  3. If you look on the back cover, near the Royal Navy logo there's a paragraph about the booklet being "for guidance only".

Under that on the 2 I have there's a number/code "L1/V6" on th "RN and RM: Your guide to careers" and on the engineering booklet it's "L2/E/V6".

Just a thought.
  4. Yeah I saw them but didn't know if that was a standard thing for all branches. Have checked the warfare one now though and it says L2/X/V6 so you could be right. I'm going into my AFCO tomorrow to ask then I can send it off. Will tell you if you're right though thanks!! :)
  5. I just left them blank. The OCLO were happy enough to forward them to the AIB so I think it was okay to do that. I'll let you know if that means I fail. ;)
  6. I went into my AFCO today and he told me to put the code on the back of the warfare booklet, so I just did that. All posted now, yey! :) Just to wait for some dates to come through (nerves are starting to kick in now!!) :?