Career: Fast Jet Pilot Help

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Wayne1988, Feb 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I am very keen to join the Royal Navy as a Fast Jet Pilot and I would very much appreciate some help with some questions I have.

I would like to know what are the medical requirements to become a fast jet pilot in terms of Height, Weight, Reach and the Various other measurements which are crucial. I have searched the internet and all I can find is the RAF requirements and not sure how this compares.

Qualification and Entry routes:
    I am 20 and the qualifications I have so far are 8 GCSE's (B's & C's) and a NVQ 2 in Plumbing Engineering. I am currently undertaking a Foundation Degree in Building Services Engineering which is worth 240 UCAS points and I will complete this course in 2011.

I have considered an option to end this course and undertake home study A levels which I can gain by June 2010 to achieve the required 180 UCAS points. This will enable me to join sooner than I would by completing my current degree.

I would also like to know if I complete my current Foundation Degree and applied in 2011 would I be able to apply as a direct graduate?

Many thanks
  2. Medical is the same as the RAF in terms of height, weight, reach.

Quals, not sure what yours are, sorry, all I can say is you need the equiv to 2 A-levels.

But to be honest if you want to be a fast jet pilot join the RAF. It may sound harsh but the stark reality is there are far too few places even with the supposed JSF.
  3. Thanks for replying.

I have tried the RAF and awaiting confirmation if my breathing problems following a bad cold/flu is classed as asthma, which although I am clear for 10 years the RAF do not allow. On the other hand the Navy are not so concerned, they say I have been clear long enough, therefore my dream of being a fast jet pilot lies with the Navy at the moment until I hear back from my GP.