Car thread

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by 2_deck_dash, Nov 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know we have done it vaguely before but it kind of fizzled out just as it was getting interesting.

So pics please of your best, worst, first, current, dream motors etc.

My first,
    Lancia Montecarlo identicle to this one, as portrayed on Top Gear last night with no brakes:
    [​IMG]

My most fun,
    1967 Fiat 500 same colour as this one but in much better nick:
    [​IMG]

My worst,
    Lancia Kappa Coupe, identicle to this one, fast when it worked:
    [​IMG]

My current,
    Alfa Brera S:
    [​IMG]

2. My first. VW Golf 1.1L a piece of shit in every way:

[​IMG]

My worst. Mk3 XR3i. Horrid plasticy shit handling rustbucket:

[​IMG]

My best. Mk2 Astra GTE 16v Chicks dug the electronic dash:

[​IMG]

Most fun. Just a go-kart. I loved it, until I stuck it through a dry stone wall and into lake Ullswater and it came apart like it was made of tin foil:

[​IMG]

My current. I had a slight driving incident which means it costs me the world to insure a car now, so for the weekenders trips I have a BMW 120d, how dull:

[​IMG]

3. If those 6 numbers came up it would have to be an S5.

-
    [​IMG]

4. If a lottery win happened, it would have to be a 911 Sport Classic:

[​IMG]

5. Heart stopping.

6. Lottery win,
    Alfa 8C Competizione:
    [​IMG]

and for around town:
    [​IMG]

7. Love those Fuchs wheels.

8. Fair one 2DD, I love the 8c. I'd get the spider though.

[​IMG]

9. Other shite I have owned:

Bought one of these for £180 and turned it into a grass track racing car.
    [​IMG]

The most un-economical, 4.6 litre V8:
    [​IMG]

The one that nearly killed me, wrapped around a tree at 60:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The one before the current model:
    [​IMG]

10. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Work provide me with one of these:
    [​IMG]

And for fun I currently have one of these:
    [​IMG]

11. Had a go in a mate's MR2, liked it lots.

12. chieftiff

Used to have the Mk2, 2 litre turbo, for some reason this is much more fun even though it seems a wee bit slower, very good fun and if it ain't raining the roof is down............ heater is brilliant thankfully :lol:

13. chieftiff

Just noticed the lottery win, well it would have to be one of these:
    [​IMG]

and one of these:

[​IMG]

Bergen will be along in a minute with his "small" collection of dream cars!

14. I like your style.

15. Lancia cars are doing very well on the mainland; vaguely well built, and with a whiff of character they are selling quite nicely thank you Mr Fiat.
    At very least they are European, a continent which still makes the best cars, from the character perspective, and the quality one as well.
    The next generation of Nissan Micraps will be built in India, a country with a fantastic history of engineering; no, not a joke but utterly serious. A very large airline with more 747s than anyone else regulary sends them there for 'extreme' maintenance.
    What goes around comes around.

16. LOL Chiefy - where have you been???.............. I've been into cars since I was given the keys to my first car which was a 4WD Rover Convertible [Green with Black Upholstery and twin fuel tanks] on my 20th birthday. I'm now in the market for a classic car and it's a great time to buy. I've narrowed the choice to a GT40 / Dino / Lotus V8 Turbo / Audi R8 / Jag 220. Just want a toy :roll:

Meanwhile I'm limping along in my Volkswagen Vio

RM :thumbright:

17. Got to be the Dino, surely?

18. Got to be the Dino, surely?[/quote]

I've owned a Ferrari 512 BB and a 328 GTS QV - so a Dino would be logical plus I think that it's the prettiest car ever made :oops:

19. chieftiff

[quote="Bergen]

I've owned a Ferrari 512 BB and a 328 GTS QV - so a Dino would be logical plus I think that it's the prettiest car ever made :oops:[/quote]

I think you're right mate it's by far the prettiest car ever, there are a few really good examples for sale at the moment over here in the £100k-£120k mark!

I could buy one, but by the time that Mrs Chieftiff, the dog and the furniture were squeezed into it I don't think it would make a particularly good home.

If you get the Dino promise me you'll invite me over to drool over it - I'll polish it afterwards I promise :lol:

20. I think you're right mate it's by far the prettiest car ever, there are a few really good examples for sale at the moment over here in the £100k-£120k mark!

I could buy one, but by the time that Mrs Chieftiff, the dog and the furniture were squeezed into it I don't think it would make a particularly good home.

If you get the Dino promise me you'll invite me over to drool over it - I'll polish it afterwards I promise :lol:[/quote]

It would be an honour to have you as a guest. Meanwhile a piece of financial advice that it took me an age to understand:-

[​IMG]

RM :roll: