Car tax evasion risen.

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by Waspie, Nov 16, 2017.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 2
  1. ...and in other news, forested areas have been observed to be used by bears for defecation purposes.
    Also, the Pope is rumoured to be a Catholic.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I look forward to especially high profile self-righteous, sanctimonious haters of lawful income tax avoiders being jobbed for this form of tax evasion.

Name and shame.

• Like Like x 1
  3. At least when we had paper discs you could shop someone. Now you have no clue of if it is taxed or not.

That said, trying to get someone done for not having car tax when we did have discs was a bloody nightmare. I phoned the police because there was a taxi 2 months out of date for tax. Not their problem, try DVLA. DVLA, not a lot we can do. But its a taxi I say, carrying fare paying passengers who would be in deep do-do should they be in an accident, no insurance etc. Not our problem, try the local council. Local council, we will look into it. 2 weeks later no change.

Moral is, why bother when the authorities just dont give a fat rats testicle.

Rant over!

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. :) I don't have to bother, live in central London, no car. AND in 2 weeks' time I get free travel!:D:D:D

5. Rural Cambridgeshire, don't have the luxury of a tube station every 100 yards :(

6. Input details for both motors and printed the pages off. Handy for the "House Ring Binder
    Of Everything"

7. You can do the same for driving convictions. Hire car people need proof so it's best to print it off the day before you pick up the hire car, some hire companies will check for you and charge admin fees when it's actually a free site.

8. All well and good but you have to suspect a vehicle of not being taxed.

At least a disc was a visible proof of tax or otherwise to give you a starter for 10 if you wanted to shop the tax evader.

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

It's been said before but the easiest way would be to put vehicle tax on fuel, then everyone (with some exceptions :rolleyes:) pays their dues. The more you use the more you pay. No extra collection costs as it would be linked to the tax already being collected at the pump.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Or in my case have a wife who hates the next door neighbours so decided to check Tax and MOT of their car online.
    Bonus!! - No MOT!!
    Right - phone 101 as its a non-emergency criminal offence.
    Still waiting for 101 to answer :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. ANPR cameras everywhere , fitted to most plod motors too , shirley all untaxed motors would be on the ANPR data base.

12. All untaxed motors are on the ANPR database.

And don't call me Shirley :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. it was you, you batsard

14. due to being a spazz, (blue badge) road tax exempt, I let Motability worry about it.
    we have a car sales bod across the road his untaxed cars are over the place, he had a sad on when they started to clamp a few.
    only time we really cared was when he blocked all the parking outside my house, he lives across a dual carriageway

15. The big mistake they made when discontinuing the paper discs was not allowing any tax already paid for to continue on to the new owner when the car is sold. It was an effort to grasp a few extra quid but it has backfired as the new owner of the vehicle often believes the old system still applies and drives merrily on unaware that they're breaking the law. You can get insurance for the car without it being taxed. You're more likely to get pulled for insurance evasion the road tax evasion.

16. Sumo you are the wrong colour and religion to own the taxi in question.