Car Questions

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by Scarface2009, Jun 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just wondering if there is a lot of people in the RN that Drive

1. What happens if you are at sea for 6 months, do you get your car kept in a secured car park?

2. Also amnot a car lover but am planning on driving and gettting one, do most of you that do have it on finance

2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

1. 17.

2. It gets robbed by a Dockie.

3. Get a huge loan that you'll never be able to afford to pay back...

Any more stupid questions you want answered?! :roll:
  3. i wouldnt realy call it a stupid question.. not lately with all the sh1t that has been posted
  4. Yes, if he buys one anyway could you tell me

1/ Where he parks it.

2/ When will he be away. :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

Curious Birmingham
  5. Fair point!!!

But still not worth answering!
  6. I can't quite understand how you feel your question isn't stupid.

1. Why? What possible interest or relevance has this question?

2. Of course not.

3. See 1.
  7. I'm compiling a database of rediculous questions so that when I'm bored I can amuse myself with the boneness of the young and idle.
    Yours Scarface would be up there at the top of the list with grip size, haircut and other spaz requests the answers for which could be found with very little effort or as per your 'How many people in the Navy drive or have a car?" example are unanswerable as nobody else gives a flying feck as long as the driver is legal or needs a lift.
    Rather than trying to defend your boneness go and do something more productive with your time, like playing with the traffic.
  8. Sounds terrific, like the secret garden, wish I could come and see it :D :D
  9. But chief.................................................. :cry: :cry:
  10. Me, me, me!

Don't be selfish - share it with the rest of us :roll:
  11. There are about 30,000 people in the RN and none are allowed to drive. If anyone joins the navy with a driving licence they have to surrender it to the DVLA.

(Can you see why it was a stupid fcuking question?)

1. There may be secure areas to park your car for short periods whilst you are at sea, but local parking regulations will determine whether you are permitted long term parking.

2. You don't have to be a car lover to own a car and drive, it's not a prerequisite. Why are an individual's personal financial arrangements of any concern to you? If you need to take out a personal loan to buy a car, do it. If you want to save all your pennies in a jar before you buy your car, do that instead. How other people finance their cars bears absolutely no releveance as to how you will need to, so another fcuking stupid question. Why not just go and ask your mummy and daddy how they financed their car?
  12. Come on tell him the truth, if he gets a carrier they do driving lessons on the flight deck.
    Think once think twice, etc and always give way during flying stations. 8O :D
  13. your best bet would be to hire a storage garage, shouldn't cost you a whole lot.
  14. Nah,.... build a raft and they let you tow it. Saves a fortune on car hire when you reach the FES. :D :D :D
  15. I thought Nails already had a Car!
    It is you right?
  16. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Grim, this is fatmong, he's been on a fishing trip tonight. NZ is writing a book about their adventures.
  17. oh boy... here we go again
  18. witsend

Once a mong, always tagged a mong!
  19. witsend

Hows my cheesy hammy eggy?
  20. witsend

I hope this is a epic comeback!

Edit, worth the wait.