Car parking?

#1
I have read a few conflicting posts as to weather i will be able to drive and leave my car at raleigh while i complete my basic training? Can anyone confirm if there is room? Also do you have to stay on site for the duration of your training or do you have days off where you would be allowed off base during training?
 
#2
You cannot bring your car for Phase 1. You have to stay on site throughout Phase 1 training.
If your Phase 2 training is at Raleigh you may bring your car and there is ample room on the secure carpark over the road in Spickernall Site (accessed by a footbridge from Raleigh main site)
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#4
Spot on.

It's difficult to understand why there would be any ambiguity with regard vehicles during Phase One training as the joining letter specifically states cars & motorcycles are prohibited.
 
#5
Phase 1 is only 9 weeks, it'll pass in no time and then get your new car. Arrange it during Phase 1 so you can collect after you've passed out.
 
#6
Ninja_Stoker said:
Spot on.

It's difficult to understand why there would be any ambiguity with regard vehicles during Phase One training as the joining letter specifically states cars & motorcycles are prohibited.
Ive had a provisional letter of entry but nothing else as of yet stating what i can/ cannot take. Guess will recieve this soon and then all will be clear.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#7
Here we go:

GENERAL GUIDANCE

1. You will be required to pass the RN Swimming Test and the RN Fitness Test, which is to a higher standard than the Pre-Joining Fitness Test which you have already passed. A 2.4Km run will occur on Tuesday of Week 1 and is an assessed serial; therefore, you are strongly advised to continue to work on your level of fitness ability prior to joining HMS RALEIGH.

2. You are also strongly advised to learn basic hand washing and ironing skills before joining to enable you to maintain your uniform to a high standard.

3. No jewellery is to be visible with uniform other than signet or wedding rings for males; wedding, engagement, signet rings, and a plain gold sleeper or stud earrings for females. In addition, female trainees are to ensure that long hair is worn up using plain hairgrips/hairnets and, the use of make up is not allowed during Initial training. All body piercing is to be removed prior to joining. It is highly advisable that all recruits wear a wrist watch as time-keeping and time management is an essential part of Naval Life.

4. Food and drink are not allowed in the accommodation areas, you should therefore only take enough for your journey. There is a shop and automat facility at HMS RALEIGH.

5. Mobile phones can be taken with you but they can only be used out of working hours. You are not permitted to use the camera facility on your mobile phone during Phase 1 Training. You are not to take any of the following items:

• Valuable items of jewellery.
• Excessive amounts of cash.
• Cars or motorcycles.
• Portable DVD Players/ Walkman/ MP3 stereos (headphones not allowed).
• Offensive weapons (including pocket knives).
• Alcohol.
• Pornography
• Non-prescribed medicines.

6. You will be informed on joining of your leave entitlement.
 
#14
I'll clarify, you can take your car to ny place you are doing Phase 2 which means Raleigh, Sultan, Collingwood, Seahawk and Keogh Barracks. I think that's all of them.
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#16
WreckerL said:
I'll clarify, you can take your car to ny place you are doing Phase 2 which means Raleigh, Sultan, Collingwood, Seahawk and Keogh Barracks. I think that's all of them.
...and Nelson (Bandies- RMBS). Drake (Hydrographic, Meteorological and Oceanographic Specialist), RNAS Culdrose (Naval Airman Aircraft Handler), University of Central England [Birmingham] (Student Naval Nurses), Lympstone (Commando Training Centre) & Dartmouth (Officer Types) :lol:
 
#17
Ninja_Stoker said:
WreckerL said:
I'll clarify, you can take your car to ny place you are doing Phase 2 which means Raleigh, Sultan, Collingwood, Seahawk and Keogh Barracks. I think that's all of them.
...and Nelson (Bandies- RMBS). Drake (Hydrographic, Meteorological and Oceanographic Specialist), RNAS Culdrose (Naval Airman Aircraft Handler), University of Central England [Birmingham] (Student Naval Nurses), Lympstone (Commando Training Centre) & Dartmouth (Officer Types) :lol:
Tsch, sloppy NS :roll: . Wasn't the question about RN Phase II?

Therefore; not Nelson, Lympstone & Dartmouth. Culdrose is Seahawk, and UCE Brum is Keogh Barracks.

You can have Drake :thumbright:
 

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Moderator
#18
Guzzler said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
WreckerL said:
I'll clarify, you can take your car to ny place you are doing Phase 2 which means Raleigh, Sultan, Collingwood, Seahawk and Keogh Barracks. I think that's all of them.
...and Nelson (Bandies- RMBS). Drake (Hydrographic, Meteorological and Oceanographic Specialist), RNAS Culdrose (Naval Airman Aircraft Handler), University of Central England [Birmingham] (Student Naval Nurses), Lympstone (Commando Training Centre) & Dartmouth (Officer Types) :lol:
Tsch, sloppy NS :roll: . Wasn't the question about RN Phase II?

Therefore; not Nelson, Lympstone & Dartmouth. Culdrose is Seahawk, and UCE Brum is Keogh Barracks.

You can have Drake :thumbright:
Aha!

Good call, Lofty...

Bandies undergo Phase one at Nelson (15 weeks -ish) then between 2 years & 2 years 8 months phase two at Nelson.

Keogh Barracks is in Aldershot, UCE is in Brum (but administered with regard Medical types via Keogh)

Officers return to BRNC after initial sea training.

Booties phase one is up until week 15 (Ex Baptists Run), thereafter phase two- same place.

Culdrose houses the training school, Seahawk is the base... I think :oops:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nice!howmuch? Blue Jokes 0
S Miscellaneous 1
Shakey The Quarterdeck 25

Similar threads

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top