Car boot sale. Plymouth Argyll car park.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BillyNoMates, Sep 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Took a van load of shit there this morning. Me and WolfPackLeader worked like trojans.
    Sold (almost) the gosh-darned lot! Counted out the profit and it came to a whumping
    £329.72 pence. Result as fas as I'm concerned.

She's just given me a fuckin' fiver to spend at work tomorrow.

Bet none of you are as lucky as what I am!

BillyRippedOff,

X X X

2. I love car boot sales! I always end up buying loads of crap though to offset the crap i managed to sell. A fiver is better than nothing :D

3. Think yourself lucky, I went to the Argyle boot sale and got ripped off by a whinging twat who went on about his knees', sheds and watchkeeping all the time. The stuff he flogged me was shite as well, when I got home there were just some house bricks in the boxes!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Was the bloke selling pusser's cleaning gear there or has he finally been arrested?

• Like Like x 1
  5. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

No I'm still running free, they'll never take me alive!!:laughing4:

• Like Like x 2
  6. What's your latest deal on Crystal Clear deck polish?

Works a treat on my parquet floors.

7. tiddlyoggy

Meet me in the shelter at Central Park next Sunday and we'll strike a deal. Can't talk on here; SPB will feel my collar!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've got 3 Seacat launchers, several boxes of unused Scotchbrites and 100 Kg's of pussers cheese going cheap if anyone's interested. I'll be there next Sunday (in a big lorry). Ask for "The Caterer".

9. How much for the cheese and the Seacat launchers? I need both for a special project I'm planning.

Don't ask.

• Like Like x 1
  10. tiddlyoggy

Oi Billy, you're meant to be a dog, don't go black catting! I'll see your scotchbrite and raise you two hundred mop handles, no mopheads yet mind.

11. Also got hold of a few hundred metres of shore supply cables. I've modified 'em at both ends (three pin plug on one end and a single charging point for an I-phone on the other plus transformer). They come on cable drums of 50 metre lengths. Bastard to unroll but you sure as shit won't lose them.

12. Bogey Knights down Mutton Cove may be interested Billy, he's got all the rest of pusser's stores in there. Even stuff that hasn't been issued to the fleet yet!

13. ME7 surely..........

14. tiddlyoggy

Showing your age there fella. The only ME7 I've come across in the last 10 years were the 7 ME SR's trooped on Cumberland.

15. Sorry, I couldn't resist...

16. You too 'cos you knew what it was!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Don't talk to me about Car Boot Sales. Last Bank Holiday Monday 'er indoors thought it would be "fun" to offload the entire contents of the attic onto the ususpecting public.

So not only do I spend the majority of the weekend up in the attic sweating my cobbs off moving boxes of assorted crap and loading same into the trailer ... she drags me out of bed at "oh god its dark" o'clock and set off to some field in the middle of no where where I had to set up the trusty wallpaper table! The good points ... the quality of the bacon butty stand was par excellence ... the bad ... 'er indoors came home with £29 after she'd forked out a fiver to flog stuff in the first place.

Now my idea ... dump entire contents of trailer onto front drive ... ring up local charity shop and man with a van comes and picks it up! Simples!

18. Only £29 ! You really must have had some serious crap in your attic if you couldn't flog it at a car boot sale.

19. Yeup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!