Captia waiting times.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by T5igger, Jun 27, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening guys,

Sorry to ask such a generic question, my medical has taken quite a while. Blah blah blah.

I eventually got all of my medical history and I've sent it to Captia, I phoned them Thursday and they have confirmed they have received all of my data and they will be in contact shortly to book me in for my medical assessment...

Now, how long does that usually take?

Thanks in advance

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Depends on whether the generic condition & medical suitability can be determined by the AFCO Medical Examiner (a couple of weeks), needs to be referred to the occupational health guru (a month) or reviewed by the Senior Medical Officer/Service Entries (1 month definitive yes/no or several months if consultation with a relevant service consultant is required).

Best o'luck.

3. Oh jeez!
    So even though I've not seen anybody yet, it can still take up to a few months before someone assesses me physically?

4. Ninja_Stoker

There are two medical systems currently. The new system, which you are under, should be a lot quicker - providing your GP surgery produce the medical notes without delay, when requested.

I'm told that the turnaround under the system you are under, should be under 35 days - keep us posted on progress so others can also gauge timeframes.

Good luck.

5. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

(Spits)...

6. Amazing, I've given them literally every single bit of medical information possible including all my gp records, hospital notes, orthodontist records etc so hopefully it should be quick!

7. My son got an email from his Afco 3 weeks after the GP had sent the records through to say he was having a paper review and didn't need to attend, his Afco telephoned a week later to say he had passed it and then booked the fitness, the whole process takes a while

8. wow, I'd love to have a Peper review haha

9. How long have you been waiting

10. Ive been waiting since April to have my second medical. Capita told my AFCO that GP notes were sent to their old offices and so there was a delay in them being received coz they had to be re-directed but I emailed them and they told me my GP hadn't given full info so they had to be returned! Luckily I took it upon myself to visit GP and get him to write letter confirming Im not undergoing any ongoing treatment or illness and im fit and well.

11. Cab

Cab Midshipman

My son's test results were sent to capita 7 weeks ago and he has his paper review tomorrow. His medical was the end of April.

12. My son had his medical in February and he only found out he passed a few weeks ago! He Also had a paper review but capita take forever!!! Fitness is now done just waiting for security clearance

13. I thought you found out if you passed your medical on the day?

I've already passed my security and every else, just waiting for this bloody medical!

14. No he was made temp unfit due to the capita doctor wanting more info and making sure all the info given was correct

15. Just recieved a phone call! Booked in for Tuesday, so soon! Thankfully I already have a day off booked!

@Ninja_Stoker sorry to bother you! As I've sent every medical document that exists about me, do you know if I'll get a definite yes or no answer then?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Assuming the level of detail supplied is adequate enough to determine medical suitability for service, you'll be told on the day. You'll then have 14 days to take and pass the PJFT.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Had the medical, I'm "temp unfit" passed everything but the doctor wasn't sure about my jaw surgery so has said she is going to ask the senior doctor?? to review my case and I should hear back in a few weeks...

18. update: Had my paper review on Thursday. Still no results yet.

All taking so long :(

19. Ninja_Stoker

Call your AFCO - ask your Careers Adviser to check your status on the medical portal following the paper review.

• Like Like x 1
  20. I'm going to call them soon, I just feel so bad constantly bothering them.