Captain's Jaguar XJ OY60 ATF

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by FAAFLYNAVY, Oct 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Captain's Jaguar XJ registration OY60 ATF

Here's a trivia question & your starter for 10.

Does anyone know what happened to the Jaguar XJ that was the Captains vehicle registration mark OY60 ATF that was on Ark Royal V? it was definitely on board when the Ark returned to Portsmouth for decommissioning.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

according to the DVLA site..."Vehicle details could not be foundAs it has not been possible to locate the vehicle details, your enquiry cannot proceed and has been cancelled." Maybe running under a new registration...
  3. Some dockyard matey probably got it out of the gate either in a wheel barrow or towed behind his bike:razz:
  4. The STC branch may have requisitioned it for their vehicle pool
    • Like Like x 2
  5. On the basis Jaguar owned it, it probably went back to them and then likely sold on.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Why are you so interested?

leave a body in the boot? :)
  7. More like 200DF's in the glove compartment.
  8. I heard it was second prize in the deployment raffle.

The can man won it as usual.

First prize was a 2 night's stay with breakfast at the Royal Sailor's Home Club in Pompey. (Valid on weeknights only)

I think someone probably ****ed up on the order of the prizes. Probably the PTI, he's usually in charge of shit like that.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  9. I can confirm that it did go back to Jaguar and that it was returned after the news that the ship was being decommissioned. It was definitely not on board at the time of sailing towards Scotland for de-ammunition as the hangar was used to store the ammunition and the Jag would have occupied a good deal of the space that was used.

It may have been alongside while we went on the jaunt to Newcastle and Hamburg, but the car was gone when we came alongside.
  10. Guess it was a good deal for all parties concerned.
    Surprised the Daily Heil didn't complain about a gross waste of tax payers money having it lifted on and off.
  11. 1 min 16 secs in.

One of my old mess mates, I rented his house off him for a few months while he was on a course in Guz.