Captain Walker

Sumo

War Hero
Hell of a find @janner
With that many girlies on the jetty, the boys were in for a good run ashore?

What a send off for the old man, that's what you call full military honors

Dusty70

War Hero
Dial a Sailor - been a beneficiary of that in the States, but Aus and NZ were by far the best - always remember we were in the Indonesian islands somewhere and got a call for 12 of us for a run ashore - boat in to beach, old army lorry picks us up and drives into the jungle for about an hour - a real life British Legion, Whatneys red barrel and all - all ex from the war that had married locals - surreal

Sydney. 1988. The Australian authorities decided that it would be a good idea to create 'Dial a Sailor'. There were that many women ringing up that the whole system crashed. @Joint_Force_Harrier might remember. :):)
I remember it well, I was Flight Deck Sentry first night in, the lads were simply getting picked up as they walked out of the dockyard (international quay) gates.

My Dial a Sailor experience was "2 Sailors required to attend a BBQ", me and my mate said, that'll do us. Popped into the office and volunteered, the lad in the office rang up and we were told to be at the gates in rig at a certain time (with swimming gear).

The day came and this top of the range car (cant remember what type) turned up and there was a middle aged lady (not bad looking and not the slimmest) told us to get in, "I shit you not" her name was Sheila. Went back to her place and there was quite a few people around the pool and her two daughters (again not the smallest) !!! It soon became apparent that this "Dial A Sailor" was the equivalent of Match.com prior to tinterweb!!!!

Anyway, the beer, rum and what ever else flowed and these two "Honeys" became more bearable, in fact rather attractive. As the night drew on the inevitable happened and we spent about a week there on and off. My mate fell for his honey and she flew over to Perth, I swerved mine*

*Where I work now there was a few Aussies and one of them had the same surname and was from the same town, after a bit of chatting I found out they were his cousins, proper Milfs now :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Liverpool Echo: "The Battle Of The Atlantic Legacy Of Captain Johnnie Walker" History 1
soleil BBC4 - Wednesday, September 16th 2020 - 9 pm - Britain's Greatest Pilot: The Extraordinary Story of Captain Winkle Brown The Fleet Air Arm 2
D Captain R.N 1969 . John Templeton-Cotill Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 8
soleil ITV "Advice From A Submarine Captain: Six Lessons On How To Cope With Lockdown" Submariners 4
MoD_RSS Bristol boy inspired by Captain Tom wins PM award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM recognises Captain Tom as neighbourhood 'Point of Light' MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fines for captain and owner of party boat which collided with police dock and vessel MoD News 0
soleil The Times: "Captain Mike Booth, 70: Helicopter Pilot In The Falklands, Naval Attaché And Cabinetmaker" The Fleet Air Arm 3
MoD_RSS The final voyage of Captain Matthew Flinders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Heroic captain awarded for 75 years of outstanding service MoD News 1
Ageing_Gracefully Captain of HMS QE Sacked The Quarterdeck 33
MoD_RSS Press release: Remains of Captain Matthew Flinders discovered at HS2 site in Euston MoD News 0
soleil Forces Network News: "Former Army Captain MP Blames 'Defence Cuts' For Labour Win In Military City" Bases / Shore Est 5
soleil BBC R4 - Woman's Hour - 26/3/18 - Interview With Captain Ellie Ablett, CO HMS Raleigh Bases / Shore Est 3
soleil Telegraph: "Captain Peter Grindal – Obituary" Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS News story: Captain Dean Sprouting has died MoD News 0
Drakey Surgeon Captain Rick Jolly - RIP The Fleet 65
Naval_Gazer Prince Harry appointed Captain General Royal Marines The Corps 1
S Memorial Service Captain IW Powe Nearest & Dearest 1
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Captain MLC "Tubby" Crawford RN DSC* - The Times Obituary History 0
Bad CO Auction of Estate of Captain Eric M 'Winkle' Brown The Fleet Air Arm 10
Ageing_Gracefully Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown Current Affairs 25
Ageing_Gracefully Captain Eric “Winkle” Brown CBE, DSC, AFC Royal Navy History 1
drewfester Captain fined for forgery Current Affairs 46
I Career progression, Captain and beyond? The Fleet Air Arm 28
L George atkins - captain royal navy History 3
Seaweed Heads up, Captain Eric 'Winkle' Brown doco History 13
soleil Guardian: "Territorial Army Captain Resigns Over Afghanistan Book" MoD News 1
soleil Pompey News: "New Captain Speaks Of Pride After Taking The Helm Of HMS Warrior" Bases / Shore Est 0
T HMS Queen Elizabeth's first Captain The Fleet 43
F Don't panic Captain Mainwaring Diamond Lil's 24
soleil Herald: "Search For Photos Of RM Captain Who Died In Commando Display Accident" The Corps 0
soleil Crosby Herald: "Former Captain Of HMS Eaglet Receives Merchant Navy Medal" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
babygravy Captain Phillips Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 3
FAAFLYNAVY Captain's Jaguar XJ OY60 ATF Motoring 11
soleil Radio 4 - iPM - Interview With Captain Eric Winkle Brown The Fleet Air Arm 2
scouse Captain Eric Winkle Brown The Fleet Air Arm 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp HMS ANTRIM’s Captain’s DSO auctioned for £44k History 1
soleil Telegraph: David Hart Dyke, The Captain Of HMS Coventry, On The Loss Of His Ship History 16
Topstop George Michael`s sympathy for Italian Captain Diamond Lil's 2
MoD_RSS Captain Tom Jennings killed in Afghanistan Current Affairs 1
Ninja_Stoker Fake Naval Captain Current Affairs 92
SONAR-BENDER Walting Falklands 'Captain' Diamond Lil's 27
T Walt RN Captain even fooled the RNA Current Affairs 0
soleil Pompey News: "Captain Who Took On Pirates Awarded An OBE" The Fleet 0
soleil York Press: "New HMS York Naval Captain Takes The Helm" The Fleet 0
soleil Coventry T'graph: "Captain Jack Sparrow Is Britain's Most Famous Seaman" Current Affairs 5
BillyNoMates Captain "Andy" Buchanan RN (Ret'd) Submariners 1
soleil Liverpool Echo: "Captain Of HMS Cumberland Talks Exclusively To The ECHO" Current Affairs 0
R12_CV New Captain General RM The Corps 19