Captain of HMS QE Sacked

ChiefElec

I seem to remember when I was on the Coventry, the Captain had a Jag or top of the range Rover as his "official car". This was a gift/ loan from the city, I don't remember it being an official MOD car at all.

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
you couldn't make this up -what is wrong with the RN's senior management - what a PR fcuk up

A disgraced Royal Navy officer who is due to be stripped of the HMS Queen Elizabeth's command was today flown from his ship before he could embark on what was supposed to be his final voyage.
Captain Nick Cooke-Priest was reportedly meant to be skippering the fleet's flagship vessel back to its Portsmouth base from Rosyth, Scotland, today.
But the sailor, who is the subject of a probe for allegedly using the warship's Ford Galaxy for personal use at weekends, has been told to remain on shore.

Although he will not be at the helm of the 65,000-ton aircraft carrier, he is still technically in command and will only relinquish this role on May 28.
A Royal Navy spokesperson said: 'In light of the ongoing investigation, as a precautionary measure to protect both the individual and the Ship’s Company, the Royal Navy has decided that Captain Nick Cooke-Priest will not be at sea in HMS Queen Elizabeth.'

Dredd

War Hero
you couldn't make this up -what is wrong with the RN's senior management - what a PR fcuk up

A disgraced Royal Navy officer who is due to be stripped of the HMS Queen Elizabeth's command was today flown from his ship before he could embark on what was supposed to be his final voyage.
Captain Nick Cooke-Priest was reportedly meant to be skippering the fleet's flagship vessel back to its Portsmouth base from Rosyth, Scotland, today.
But the sailor, who is the subject of a probe for allegedly using the warship's Ford Galaxy for personal use at weekends, has been told to remain on shore.

Although he will not be at the helm of the 65,000-ton aircraft carrier, he is still technically in command and will only relinquish this role on May 28.
A Royal Navy spokesperson said: 'In light of the ongoing investigation, as a precautionary measure to protect both the individual and the Ship’s Company, the Royal Navy has decided that Captain Nick Cooke-Priest will not be at sea in HMS Queen Elizabeth.'
Wow.

Already demoted from Commodore. Harsh.

Sumo

War Hero
More news of my former CO, apparently Mrs Cook-Priest was using the car too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Her fault then, tell her she is in the crap and report to the Joss..
a senior Capt pension is liveable income

fishhead

War Hero
I am beginning to understand his dilemma. Mrs. C-P gets behind the wheel of the company vehicle which is not allowed nor is she insured. A white rat drops her in the doodoo and leaves hubby with two options:
a) Say he had no idea she was driving and he hadn't given her his permission leaving her open to a charge of TWOC and driving while uninsured.
or b) Take the rap and try and plead ignorance while saving his marriage.
Between a rock and a hard place but it is clear he chose option b)

PedlarP

Lantern Swinger
Being in Canada I Had to google a Ford Galaxy to see what it looked like. I was expecting some high range luxury sedan as befitting a capital ship like QE. I was surprised to see the shit box that the Galaxy is. Defo not worth losing your career over. Even the Land Rover we had on Antrim was better the Galaxy.

fishhead

War Hero
Being in Canada I Had to google a Ford Galaxy to see what it looked like. I was expecting some high range luxury sedan as befitting a capital ship like QE. I was surprised to see the shit box that the Galaxy is. Defo not worth losing your career over. Even the Land Rover we had on Antrim was better the Galaxy.
You'd be surprised what people will accept when someone else is paying the bills.

Latest Threads