Captain of HMS QE Sacked

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Caot Nick Cooje-Priedt had been sacked for using the company car for his own use.

Seems like someone has gone a bit OTT over this and looks like it is a bit trivial to sack one of the most senior boat drivers in the RN.

Any comment from the naval fraternity?

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
I find this ridiculous as he apparently paid for his own fuel. So one can only assume that
a something else bigger is going on in the background
b The RN has totally lost their collective marbles

ps I was on Plymouth on round the world cruise 76/77 and his Dad was my skipper

RabC

MIA
I find this ridiculous as he apparently paid for his own fuel. So one can only assume that
a something else bigger is going on in the background
b The RN has totally lost their collective marbles

ps I was on Plymouth on round the world cruise 76/77 and his Dad was my skipper
I go for option a but with a smidgen of b.

fishhead

War Hero
Very strange. I doubt there is a company in the country who would sack an employee for using their company car for a bit of private mileage even if they didn't buy the fuel. You'd get an interview without coffee with the Company Secretary and at worst a final warning. People have driven their warships onto the rocks and escaped with a slapped wrist so on the face of it the sense of proportion is well out of kilter.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
Fact:
As MoD carry no vehicle insurance each journey must be approved by FMT1000.
No form, no insurance. The fuel is almost irrelevant.

Conjecture:
He's upset someone in the food chain

Sumo

War Hero
Being sacked from that job won't help his future career, he must have well pissed of someone up high.

Sumo

War Hero
OK starter for 10 Naffi queue rumours, what's he done?
An admirals wife?
Mixing with politics, done new defence Sec?

Or perhaps they've been told not to say anything publicly. Or even have a sense of loyalty to the chap.
Nope- I went on draft to COMPORFLOT at the start of last month, before the ship headed north. Bumped into one of my former lads and one of the CANASS' yesterday and they knew nothing, apart from that PWLS's CO is taking over so he can get some experience.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Nope- I went on draft to COMPORFLOT at the start of last month, before the ship headed north. Bumped into one of my former lads and one of the CANASS' yesterday and they knew nothing, apart from that PWLS's CO is taking over so he can get some experience.
Ah, there you are! :)

Latest Threads