Captain fined for forgery

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by drewfester, Mar 21, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Losing seniority in the substantive rank is not a first step to promotion.

When the Honours Forfeiture Committee next convene, Tritschler's MBE should be under scrutiny.

2. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm surprised he wasn't sacked.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I suspect the 'good' Captain will either already have his papers in or about to do so. Accused of bullying he carries out another form of bullying by producing these forged documents.

I really don't see how he can continue in the Navy and how he can hold the trust of his juniors in future.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Couldn't agree with you more AG. Hopefully he will go but if he stays and isn't pushed he will probably never get another command and will eventually get promoted out the way

5. I would recommend some caution re commenting. After checking other reports of the case, I note the accused denied all three charges. It is entirely feasible that there could be an appeal against the two charges on which he was convicted.

6. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Wighty

I understand where you are coming from, but that could be said about any case in which the person found guilty pleads Not Guilty. He has been tried, found wanting and reporting restrictions lifted, so comment on the case, as reported, is fair.

It is reported that both sides agreed that three documents were forged, and Capt T was found guilty re two. These were management docs which were raised regarding the Lt Cdr and which Capt T would have surely seen, and if he had not signed then he would know that they were not kosher. From the report Capt T has been caught out and even if he did not make the forged docs, he seems to have done nothing to take them out of the system, which in integrity lines, may be an even worse offence.

Anyhoo Capt T is down the price of a few G&Ts this weekend.

7. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

He's a plumber so it's probably brown ale.

(Ducks to avoid flying wheel spanner).

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. AG wrote: I understand where you are coming from, but that could be said about any case in which the person found guilty pleads Not Guilty. He has been tried, found wanting and reporting restrictions lifted, so comment on the case, as reported, is fair.

Thanks AG, I don't dispute your point. I wasn't at the court martial, so would not like to comment on the report that both sides agreed the documents were forged. What appears clear, however, is that there were not guilty pleas and the possibility therefore seems to exist of an appeal.

Fair comment is fine - although what counts as fair comment can be debated ( rather like the warning in another thread about the dangers of libel in social media posts)

My caution was rather intended to avoid any embarrassment to individuals in the event of a successful appeal.

Brown ale? I would always say yes to Goddard's Duck's Folly......

9. So, a 4 ring skipper is found guilty of forging at least two documents and bullying, getting fined 5k.

Just asking.......... what if it had been a Chief or WO?

10. Only a Plumber could afford a decent Hendricks and Tonic these days.(With Cucumber, Slices 1) ;)

11. Taken out and shot (Metaphorically) I know what you mean.

12. You have to ask the question I suppose. I know of ratings and SR's dismissed and even given prison sentences. Then you get an officer and suddenly it's no longer assault or such like but "high spirits" and they get away a lot lighter than a SR. or JR would.

One rule for ratings, another for grunters, just as it's always been!

(Sighs inwardly and reflects on the Us and Them of this world)

13. Plumber my arse - he is a WAFU!

• Like Like x 1
  14. So a Prince among men then? :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just glad he's a senior officer, not a maintainer qualified to sign an aircraft "fit to fly".

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Corrected that for you, no charge ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Ah, that's different or as we used to say for the Planned Maintenance - a sharp pencil and a clear conscience!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. All paid for by the pusser too I reckon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I'm not sticking up for him. I'd like to see the Royal Aeronautical Society bin him for unethical behaviour and as a consequence, the Engineering Council deregister him. Only fcuk and Art knows why 'CEng' is presented the way it is.

Pusser is not picking up the tab for engineers' professional registration.

As for psc(j) it means he's completed ACSC.