Captain Edward

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
hammockhead said:
stirling said:
According to Seadog he is Commodore in Chief of the RFA.

Commodore-in-Chief - what knobber came up with that stinking crab-inspired title.

I think you'll find that the rank of Commodore existed well before the Crabs. And its an honorary title similar to Colonel-in-Chief. Only the RFA don't have Colonels......

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Bergen said:
wet_blobby said:
I saw that piccy, I think his mum gave him an honoury rank in the RFA. I might be wrong but, as a failed occifer I thought he wasn't entitled to wear ANY military uniform....but is the RFA really military? (I know they bleed and die like the rest of us) and at the end of the day it is his mummys trainset.

It was funny that the Commando Training Teams hated the barsteward with a passion and were all wearing big grins when he left. I could have understood if the little shite had simply failed Royal Marine training, but sneaking out of Lympstone with his security detail and running home to Betty without telling anyone spoke volumes about his lack of character.

A bus conductors uniform would be too good for him.

RM

Remember the T-shirt?

seafarer1939

War Hero
Andy won't go down there,there are no golf courses for a start and he may be questioned about his famous!" dodging and luring Exocets away from the Fleet" load of shit.He saw the Atlantic Conveyer hit but you can't dodge an EXO or lure one away in a Helo,makes good paper reading for the palace though.
See Salman Rushtie has beaten me to a knighthood! think I'll emigrate this, country is the pits.

dondon

MIA
seafarer1939 said:
Andy won't go down there,there are no golf courses for a start and he may be questioned about his famous!" dodging and luring Exocets away from the Fleet" load of shit.He saw the Atlantic Conveyer hit but you can't dodge an EXO or lure one away in a Helo,makes good paper reading for the palace though.
See Salman Rushtie has beaten me to a knighthood! think I'll emigrate this, country is the pits.

Ditto to everything you have said "seafarer1939" , double pits , gone right down the pan :pottytrain5: :pottytrain5: :pottytrain5:

Bergen

ADC
silverfox said:
Bergen said:
wet_blobby said:
I saw that piccy, I think his mum gave him an honoury rank in the RFA. I might be wrong but, as a failed occifer I thought he wasn't entitled to wear ANY military uniform....but is the RFA really military? (I know they bleed and die like the rest of us) and at the end of the day it is his mummys trainset.

It was funny that the Commando Training Teams hated the barsteward with a passion and were all wearing big grins when he left. I could have understood if the little shite had simply failed Royal Marine training, but sneaking out of Lympstone with his security detail and running home to Betty without telling anyone spoke volumes about his lack of character.

A bus conductors uniform would be too good for him.

RM

Remember the T-shirt?

I've got one stashed away somewhere:

A picture of a frog in a Green Beret with the immortal words:

You Can Turn A Frog Into A Prince

But You Can't Turn A Prince Into A Commando

:thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

RM

silverfox

War Hero
Book Reviewer
seafarer1939 said:
He saw the Atlantic Conveyer hit but you can't dodge an EXO or lure one away in a Helo,makes good paper reading for the palace though.

Actually you could if your helo is fitted with the Exocet jamming pod - which they were.

That does not alter any views about the man himself though........

hammockhead

Lantern Swinger
silverfox said:
hammockhead said:
stirling said:
According to Seadog he is Commodore in Chief of the RFA.

Commodore-in-Chief - what knobber came up with that stinking crab-inspired title.

I think you'll find that the rank of Commodore existed well before the Crabs. And its an honorary title similar to Colonel-in-Chief. Only the RFA don't have Colonels......

I did a Google search when the positions were created - the only precedent was Air Commodore-in-Chief, which was equivalent to Colonels-in-Chief in the Army. It sounds really stupid in a naval context - what is wrong with plain or honorary Commodore?

BTW even the Sea Cadet Corps have an "Admiral".

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
Saw a news piece on this with Eddie standing before a memorial looking as if he was bored to death...oh thats just his usual expression TWUNT
NZB

seafarer1939

War Hero
got to apologise to one re-post,I was informed it was not poss.to dodge an EXO, as I don't know I was just repeating the quote I received from a Helo engineer.I stand corrected,he did his bit but is still a ********.
Remember when Windsor caught alight? he helped organise the recovery for mummy but someone still had time to print HRH on his hard hat,just for the camera!
"A republican born, raised and ready"