Captain Edward

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by seafarer1939, Jun 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. must have missed something when I saw Edward in the Falklands wearing a Navy Captains uniform.
    Did he go from Snotty/Sub/Looi/and so on up to captain in one day!
    I despise people who wear medals and uniforms when not entitled,wankers the lot of them.
    Well thats off my chest, off to polish my veterans badge all I'm entitled too and all I want.
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I saw that piccy, I think his mum gave him an honoury rank in the RFA. I might be wrong but, as a failed occifer I thought he wasn't entitled to wear ANY military uniform....but is the RFA really military? (I know they bleed and die like the rest of us) and at the end of the day it is his mummys trainset.
  3. I thought RFA were civilian
  4. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I think royalty entitles you to whatever, particularly when mother runs the show.....
  5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I reckon he should of stuck to poncing about in his tutu, I'm still waiting to hear back if the Corps owes me a weekend off to reconsider my future.
  6. silverfox

I wouldn't hold your breath.... on the other hand......
  7. According to Seadog he is Commodore in Chief of the RFA.
  8. Commodore-in-Chief - what knobber came up with that stinking crab-inspired title.
  9. Are you sure it WAS a Captains uniform, and not "Oi! You can't park there!" :D

10. It was funny that the Commando Training Teams hated the barsteward with a passion and were all wearing big grins when he left. I could have understood if the little shite had simply failed Royal Marine training, but sneaking out of Lympstone with his security detail and running home to Betty without telling anyone spoke volumes about his lack of character.

A bus conductors uniform would be too good for him.

11. I suspect it was Phil the Greek that MADE him volunteer for RM.
  12. What I can't understand is why he was sent down to the Falklands when Prince Andrew was actually serving and involved at the time. Surely if anyone, he should have gone?
  13. Agreed there Tufty on Andy going.

I saw Teddy on TV and he looked a right tw@
  14. silverfox

I think you'll find that the rank of Commodore existed well before the Crabs. And its an honorary title similar to Colonel-in-Chief. Only the RFA don't have Colonels......
  15. silverfox

Remember the T-shirt?
  16. The blokes a knob , :tp: :tp: :tp: :tp:
  17. Andy won't go down there,there are no golf courses for a start and he may be questioned about his famous!" dodging and luring Exocets away from the Fleet" load of shit.He saw the Atlantic Conveyer hit but you can't dodge an EXO or lure one away in a Helo,makes good paper reading for the palace though.
    See Salman Rushtie has beaten me to a knighthood! think I'll emigrate this, country is the pits.

18. Ditto to everything you have said "seafarer1939" , double pits , gone right down the pan :pottytrain5: :pottytrain5: :pottytrain5:

19. I've got one stashed away somewhere:

A picture of a frog in a Green Beret with the immortal words:

You Can Turn A Frog Into A Prince

But You Can't Turn A Prince Into A Commando

:thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:

20. silverfox

Thats the one