Captain Dentist to Defence College

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by jackspratthesecond, Dec 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A Surgeon Captain Dentist is to embark on A defence College Course.
    Never been sure whose teeth Captain Dentists remove plaque from --1SL and 2SL's presumably.
    What's he to be taught?

Some form of defence?-- Freeze or I'll fill you full of novacaine.
  2. Promotion at that level is basically dead man's shoes - there only is one Dental Commodore so I suppose said Captain (whom I suspect I know!) is maximising his promotion opportunities!
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Dentists should be taught some form of defence. The bugger who pulled my tooth out mid atlantic had my hand hovering around his nuts just incase I needed to repay some pain.
  4. To what avail?
    We taxpayers ? Whose teeth will he scale as a Commodore? Desmond Brownes ?
  5. jackspratthesecond - with my tongue firmly in my cheek, I suppose I could answer your post by saying "Which ship does 1SL drive"?
  6. I seem to recall, close on two years in the South Pacific , An Able Seaman saying "What the **** is a dentist?"" Do they have them in the RN?"
  7. Tongue in cheek.

Does 1SL know what a ship is?
  8. wet_blobby

Ahhh, therein lies your problem, my taxis where always grand affairs with captains, commodores, Admirals, Generals etc on hand to sort out lifes little whims.

Every meal a banquet, every paycheck a fortune..... :thumright:
  9. When a person continually questions why others have been promoted there is usually a reason. The reason is often that the one asking the questions is a complete [email protected] who will never be promoted above the rank of Captain of the Heads.
  10. Your not suggesting Norma(n) is a f*ckw*t are you Slim?
  11. In this case maxi I am certainly not making that sugestion. In Normans case it is more of a statement.
  12. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

For the umpteenth time Norman has never worn the Queen's uniform nor been anything in any organisation higher than emptier of the waste-paper baskets.
  13. There is every reason why a Senior Officer of any Branch should undertake higher level training - who knows what career path he is on, it may well involve doing a job where the training that he gets will be of value as he will be a part of the commmand structure.
  14. If you have evidence of this Seaweed then please post it.
  15. Are you pulling my ---leg?
    Extracting a digit.
    This Surgeon Captain Dentist Part of the Command structure?
    Heaven Help us if we are reduced to that. Attacking decay? Molars are in a dreadful state. Drilling and peridontal after treatment is serioussly called for.
    The Commodore Dentist and the Captain Dentist will both have been prepared, following long, expensive Defence College courses-- Pate de fois gras meeting their approval for pre-dinner apperitifs? Mrs Dentist preferng North Italian truffles The Leading Steward will quickly rustle some up for you sirs and madams Mind your teeth Sir and Maa'm he facetiously jokes
  16. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Stirling, if you go through this idiot's ramblings over time under his various pseudonyms 1. He continually uses slang and terminology wrongly, showing that he has not lived with it, and 2. as to the other point he shows zero understanding of any sort of management process.

In the present case, he does not accommodate the thought that perhaps this officer is being groomed/tried out for higher rank, probably on a purple basis.
  17. Guilty
  18. So this Dentist Captain Chappie is being groomed for higher rank on a purple basis.
    Root Canals? Implants?
    I'm accomodating the thought and looking at my income tax return co-incidentally.
    All right then. Let's hope he attains higher rank on a purple basis My tax will have been well spent in that case.
  19. wet_blobby

Wey Hey, just goes to show, slap a dullard on the forehead enough times and the message will get through.... :dwarf:
  20. It's been pointed out by others that you show every sign of never having served in the RN and certainly not understanding management or command structures. The more you post the more you make this clear.

Why do you think there would be ranks like Surgeon Captain (D) or Surgeon Commodore (D), not simply to fill cavities on a more senior level, but to form the senior management team of the Dental Branch among other possibilities. You clearly don't know about these things, so perhaps you should try to understand that at senior levels there are many ways in which Officers are trained to prepare them for many different senior management and command roles.

It might surprise you to know that this happens in other walks of life also - such as in the Business World and other professions.