Capita

Hi there

My daughter is currently going through the process of applying for the Navy. She now at the stage of her medical, who I believe it is managed by Capita. The issue we are having is that they have requested further info from her GP, who have competed the request, but her GP now can’t get in touch with Capita by either email or telephone.

* Does anyone have any experience of Capita?

* Is this normal for them to be hard to get hold of, or should we get back in touch with the Navy?

Cheers

Civvie dad

Badgeman
After my lad was made tmu we eventually got the go to fill in the forms but also give us a photo copy that we scanned in and emailed copied in afco , he also posted the originals the same day , I believe the afco must have been pestering capita as within in a couple of days his appointment was arranged for face to face medical , we nor the doctor had to get in touch with capita , now he’s tmu again waiting for the paper review of his 7 day peak flow diary as the capita doctor said they couldn’t do a peak flow at the face to face due to Covid restrictions, to be fair I think the afco is on to them again and should expect his paper review next week we were told , your daughters case may be a little different/complicated than just childhood asthma which is why the doctor is trying to get in touch with them , speak to the afco to see if he’s chasing them up or if you need to

Martnet

Midshipman
Hi there

My daughter is currently going through the process of applying for the Navy. She now at the stage of her medical, who I believe it is managed by Capita. The issue we are having is that they have requested further info from her GP, who have competed the request, but her GP now can’t get in touch with Capita by either email or telephone.

* Is this normal for them to be hard to get hold of, or should we get back in touch with the Navy?

Cheers
In my recent experience, this is completely normal. I ended up spending over a year getting through my medical with several TMU holds and one PMU which I successfully appealed. My GP was never able to get hold of Capita, and the times I tried to email them with a question, the average response time was three weeks to reply to my email. Here are my top tips for dealing with Capita:

1. Whenever the GP sends paperwork/report to Capita, get a copy from the GP and post your own copy as well by recorded delivery/signature required. More than once, Capita claimed they never received my GP's copy, but my own copy had proof of delivery.

2. If you have to send in your own paperwork to Capita (eg. peak flow diary), you can scan it and email (which they recommend), but send a paper copy as described above as well.

3. The AFCO may be able to help if Capita aren't responding...mine was able to give them a nudge by posting a message on their internal system to alert them when I was sending a report in. This may or may not have any effect on their response time, though.

Mainly, be aware that everything is moving very slowly right now, and Capita are generally just really bad at communicating and very slow to respond to things. My average wait time each time I was made TMU and had to get the GP to send further information was anywhere from 2-4 months before they would do a paper review and make a determination. So, be prepared to be patient, and good luck!

Hi there

Cheers
Thanks for your reply, it’s much appreciated.

In my recent experience, this is completely normal. I ended up spending over a year getting through my medical with several TMU holds and one PMU which I successfully appealed. My GP was never able to get hold of Capita, and the times I tried to email them with a question, the average response time was three weeks to reply to my email. Here are my top tips for dealing with Capita:

1. Whenever the GP sends paperwork/report to Capita, get a copy from the GP and post your own copy as well by recorded delivery/signature required. More than once, Capita claimed they never received my GP's copy, but my own copy had proof of delivery.

2. If you have to send in your own paperwork to Capita (eg. peak flow diary), you can scan it and email (which they recommend), but send a paper copy as described above as well.

3. The AFCO may be able to help if Capita aren't responding...mine was able to give them a nudge by posting a message on their internal system to alert them when I was sending a report in. This may or may not have any effect on their response time, though.

Mainly, be aware that everything is moving very slowly right now, and Capita are generally just really bad at communicating and very slow to respond to things. My average wait time each time I was made TMU and had to get the GP to send further information was anywhere from 2-4 months before they would do a paper review and make a determination. So, be prepared to be patient, and good luck!
Thanks for your reply, it’s much appreciated.