CAPITA Training diary for competitive athlete

First some background:
Ankle (2013) and Back sprain (2007), both required a GP visit in order for my private healthcare to take over for physiotherapy. Neither required longer than 2 months recovery time.
I am a competitive athlete in athletics, competing at county, intern-county and national level championships. This has been throughout the injuries listed and continues to be the case. On my pre-medical questionnaire i listed the injuries as they are on record and put a comment detailing fully recovered and back competing at national level.
Capita requested the GP notes for the injuries, and have come back today as TMU requesting a 3 month training diary "to show that you are able to perform to a level of fitness constant with military training." Is this not what the pre-joinign fitness test is?
Yet to get ahold of the AFCO to see if there are other options open to me for proving myself, without delaying a further 3 months.

I have training diaries of my weekly exercise program, however this has been reduced over the last few months due to being in competition season. I also have diaries showing 6 days a week training for 12 or so years every winter period (September - April.) Further to this i also have been cycling 5 days a week to and from work (11.5 miles each way) and could get a letter from my current employer validating that. Only some of this cycling is recorded on Strava due to my phone holding battery for about 40 minutes max when GPS sucks it dry.

Would appreciate any advice on how to progress, hopefully will have some contact back from the AFCO this week too.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Capita requested the GP notes for the injuries, and have come back today as TMU requesting a 3 month training diary "to show that you are able to perform to a level of fitness constant with military training." Is this not what the pre-joinign fitness test is?
No, unforetunately not. It only lasts 12 minutes or so. Initial Naval Training is 10 weeks, RM Recruit Training 32 weeks. They want to be certain you are up to the rigours of training and able to take the knocks without recurrence of the pre-existing injuries.

By the book recurrent lower back pain is an outright bar to entry so they are providing the opportunity to demonstrate you are not likely to cost the service a medical pension.
I have training diaries of my weekly exercise program, however this has been reduced over the last few months due to being in competition season. I also have diaries showing 6 days a week training for 12 or so years every winter period (September - April.) Further to this i also have been cycling 5 days a week to and from work (11.5 miles each way) and could get a letter from my current employer validating that. Only some of this cycling is recorded on Strava due to my phone holding battery for about 40 minutes max when GPS sucks it dry.
Pauses in training schedules can indicate a recurrent injury unfortunately, whilst appreciating you are a National Level competitive athlete.

I found the Map My Ride or Map My Run App or Strava to be an excellent method for consistently recording dates, times, distances and elevation - far less easy to fabricate than a handwritten diary and easily able to record 20+ mile cycling distances - bearing in mind, most people are able to recharge their phone at work prior to the return trip.

My tip? Gather together what training data you already have to hand, submit it and see if that is enough. If it isn't, it's going to take 12 weeks of consistent, valid data.

Good luck.

Thanks Ninja, submitted my training diary as completed over the last 3 months and this has been accepted!
Now just to re-organise my medical date so i have more than two days to recover from a Duathlon first.