CAPITA MEDICAL

beefgirl

Midshipman
It is! They have about six per year, I think. Bizarrely my colleague a couple of miles away who started her job when I started mine, is also applying!

To join as a chaplain you have to have three years’ experience of ministry in a recognised religious body (such as the Church of England or the Methodist Church), all of which also train their ministers. (more on that in a sec)

The main difference is an interview which, I think, takes the place of the SIFT interview, with the head of your religious body. In my case that’s the “Bishop to the Forces”, whose job is to explore with prospective chaplains whether it’s something they’re called to, rather than just something they fancy doing (“are you running to the navy or away from parish ministry?” is a common question!). That interview is actually tomorrow afternoon so wish me luck

Because our sending bodies have already trained us for ministry (three years in theology college and three years “apprenticeship”), Naval training is more about turning us into sailors, so we do 15 weeks at BRNC before a transition course at Beckett House, the Armed Forces Chaplaincy Centre.

How about for you? Do you train as a civilian nurse first, or undergo nursing training as your phase 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh wow! How was the interview? Sounds very complicated!

Can I ask. How long is it roughly between sending your forms off to capita to hearing and getting a triage call? Also what’s the email for the gp to send details too rather than posting?
Thanks
Sending off forms - triage call for me was around 2 weeks give or take.

I did have a medical condition from when I was 1 that I declared and was temporary MU. However wasn't a barrier for entry, I just had to prove from doctor everything was fine.

However, communication and correspondence between Capita and my GP was horrendous. Constant blaming the other for either not sending required paperwork or paperwork was held at the others end.
Think it took about 4-5 months from medical to get the all clear that every bit of paperwork had been received and properly signed.

If you do not have any decelerations, my guess it will be sorted fairly quickly with no hassle. However, depending on how organised your GP is, then could be anyones guess how long people can be waiting to get everything sorted and passed.

-- Regards to the email, your GP sorts all that and they have the option from Capita to send by e-mail or post. All the addresses are given on the form by Capita so you shouldn't need to worry. But probably best to let them know to send by email, as that was what I got told after all my fiasco!

catan-man

Midshipman
Oh wow! How was the interview? Sounds very complicated!
It went really well! The Bishop asked why I wanted to join the navy rather than remaining in parish ministry, he asked what elements of naval life I preferred to civilian ministry, and what elements I didn’t prefer (ways that civilian life would be better), to make sure I knew what I was getting into, I suppose.

We had a chat about a few other things, like training, the time I have in my current post, and so forth.

There’s still the rest of the application process that runs like anyone else’s* but he said he would be happy for me to continue on that process

* the AIB is slightly different, in that they are looking for demonstration of collaborative leadership rather than military leadership, but it’s otherwise the same

Blossomtrumpet

Midshipman
Thank you. Had it. They are going to request medical forms from gp and that I need to do the eye test. She said not to worry about it as nothing is recent so will see cus I no my report is abit incorrect but all they have to check is the treatment and prescription history to see I have never had a course of treatment ever for anything but tonsillitis and that was antibiotics years ago. But will see.

Jonadame

Midshipman
Hopefully yours is a speedy process! Mine has taken a few weeks now. I phones my GP to check and they won’t complete until they receive payment from Capita (30 day payment terms). Looks like for my GP questionnaire it’s going to be about 2 months total

kais58

Midshipman
Keep pestering them but don't expect it to be speedy, my records have just been sent to Capita, which is ~10 weeks since my triage, most of that waiting on Capita to send payment.

catan-man

Midshipman
Keep pestering them but don't expect it to be speedy, my records have just been sent to Capita, which is ~10 weeks since my triage, most of that waiting on Capita to send payment.
That’s really interesting: on my letter Capita stressed that they don’t do pre-payment.

Blossomtrumpet

Midshipman
Well I have asked about a payment and they have not said there is a payment but will chase this up Friday. Hope it don’t take that long ten weeks my god. Thank gosh for lockdown eh :/

catan-man

Midshipman
Well I have asked about a payment and they have not said there is a payment but will chase this up Friday. Hope it don’t take that long ten weeks my god. Thank gosh for lockdown eh :/
My timeline:
23/6: Email with date of triage call
30/5: Triage call
2/7: letter sent to my GP
8/7: I emailed my GP the letter which hadn’t arrived there yet
15/7 I emailed Capita for an update; they wrote back to say they hadn’t had it back yet
22/7: After many failed phone calls I took the letter to the GP. Turned out the GP had the letter but hadn’t done it...the secretary chivvied him.
24/7: The GP surgery rang....the letter is in the post!

catan-man

Midshipman
Which letter was it that you sent to your gp in the end? Thanks
The letter from capita, detailing the information they needed from my medical records. They sent it to the GP, but told me to take a copy to them if the GP didn’t receive it

Blossomtrumpet

Midshipman
Ohh cuz I have one email off capita saying why my app is on hold. And what they require. But it actually says they are reviewing the record they currently have on file for me. Cus I have applied for the army in the past yr so I’m guessing they have some details already.?! Hence why my gp have not received the request yet?! Do capita reply on the email at all? Cuz I don’t have an email for them.
thanks.

Globe2020

Thank you. Had it. They are going to request medical forms from gp and that I need to do the eye test. She said not to worry about it as nothing is recent so will see cus I no my report is abit incorrect but all they have to check is the treatment and prescription history to see I have never had a course of treatment ever for anything but tonsillitis and that was antibiotics years ago. But will see.
Good stuff! I read the paperwork and it said to send eye test and medical questionnaire together? I thought the triage call was after you sent both the medical questionnaire and eye test off?

I have an eye test booked mid September and that's it? Questions, questions, questions :confused:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Avocadolol Capita and medical Joining the Royal Navy 9
couper172 Medical time frame capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
C How long does capita to give you a medical interview? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A How long did it take Capita to review your medical info? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R Medical questionnaire and call with capita Joining the Royal Navy 6
Jakeo Medical and capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Tigerpaw Medical & Capita incompetence Joining the Royal Navy 4
M Capita lost my medical notes! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
M Capita and the medical The Corps 1
SeaKing2001 Capita! Joining the Royal Navy 2
F GP surgery not sending capita data Joining the Royal Navy 2
Avocadolol Capita Joining the Royal Navy 2
SeaKing2001 Capita and Asthma Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
R Capita problems Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
P CAPITA Training diary for competitive athlete Joining the Royal Navy 3
T Capita postal address Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A Medically Unfit decsion from Capita Joining the Royal Navy 2
F Capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Anchor Faced Capita Current Affairs 2
J Capita Triage Call and what best to do now? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Capita is a joke Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
T Waiting to hear back from capita - anyone else? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
G Capita Peak Flow Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Capita Advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
C Contact number for capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Seaweed Capita? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the COVID-19 alert level MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer briefing on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 September 2020 MoD News 0
B Captia medical Joining the Royal Navy 3
P Medical Appeals waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Medical questionnaire, best practice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Government working with midwives, medical experts, and academics to investigate BAME maternal mortality MoD News 0
M Aircraft controller aircrew medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Medical History of Opiate Dependance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
R Medical - Irritation in ears Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on schools and childcare reopening MoD News 0
L MH Susceptible -Medical (Suxamethonium) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Medical Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Medical appeal Joining the Royal Navy 1
S Royal Fleet auxillary Medical exam Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 3 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on extension of self-isolation period: 30 July 2020 MoD News 0
S Frustrating medical triage Joining the Royal Navy 5
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical Device “Certificates of Compliance” / “Attestation of Conformity” have no legal standing under MDR MoD News 0
R GP medical paperwork delays Joining the Royal Navy 7
Y Medical issues Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS Deos: delivering faster and better mobile medical screening MoD News 0
P What’s assessed on aircrew medical? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
P Medical appeal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10