CAPITA MEDICAL

beefgirl

Midshipman
Hi guys,

I received a message saying I’ll have a phone call next week from Capita. Is this normal? Do you they bother calling if you’ve not passed? I said I’ll have a confirmation email sent through, but I don’t seem to have received one yet. Is this also normal?

many thanks!

Capita need to do a triage phone call with you. Many of the questions they ask over the phone will be similar to those that were asked on the paper questionnaire you would of sent off. You will get an email stating the time date and name of the nurse you'll speak to

Jonadame

Midshipman
Yes this is normal and as the person said above it more or less follows the questionnaire with a few added questions, like hospital visits. I had mine last week and they basically highlight anything that stands out. If there is anything, you will probably be placed on hold until they have more information from your records.

In my case because I had laser eye surgery and asthma when younger, I am ‘Temporarily medically unfit’ until they get two questionnaires back.

From what I have read most people don’t get straight through so don’t worry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catan-man

Midshipman
I had mine a couple of weeks back. They went through the info on my form, asked questions about anything I’d mentioned but nothing too worrying.

In my case, I was put on hold, while they get more information from my GP. (who are dragging their feet something fine)

beefgirl

Midshipman
I had mine a couple of weeks back. They went through the info on my form, asked questions about anything I’d mentioned but nothing too worrying.

In my case, I was put on hold, while they get more information from my GP. (who are dragging their feet something fine)

Ohhh, that’s annoying. I passed, but have my eye test today. I was pretty worried as I was diagnosed with a heart condition a few years ago, but have grown out of it. They didn’t seem to mind though.

catan-man

Midshipman
Ohhh, that’s annoying. I passed, but have my eye test today. I was pretty worried as I was diagnosed with a heart condition a few years ago, but have grown out of it. They didn’t seem to mind though.
That’s good news!
More woes from my GP yesterday...basically they haven’t sent the details back to Capita, who asked me to contact them for an update. Turns out the office person who “deals with these” isn’t in until Wednesday.

GP and Capita dealing with each other was an absolute nightmare. Took around 4 months for them to eventually send and sign the write information. Advice to get to tell GP to email documents over rather then send them in the post

beefgirl

Midshipman
That’s good news!
More woes from my GP yesterday...basically they haven’t sent the details back to Capita, who asked me to contact them for an update. Turns out the office person who “deals with these” isn’t in until Wednesday.

That’s super annoying! Sorry to hear you’re having trouble! Hopefully it will be sorted soon. I started my process so early before I actually enter because I heard it takes ages. Mine seems to be moving really quickly.

catan-man

Midshipman
That’s super annoying! Sorry to hear you’re having trouble! Hopefully it will be sorted soon. I started my process so early before I actually enter because I heard it takes ages. Mine seems to be moving really quickly.
Yes, I did the same! I’m not intending (indeed, I’m not allowed) to start training before September 2021, so at least I’m not in too much of a rush!

beefgirl

Midshipman
Yes, I did the same! I’m not intending (indeed, I’m not allowed) to start training before September 2021, so at least I’m not in too much of a rush!

It’s definitely less stressful! What are you applying for?

catan-man

Midshipman
It’s definitely less stressful! What are you applying for?
Going for chaplain, which makes things...interesting. (My AFCO person said he hadn’t had an application in his office for ten years!)

What about you?

beefgirl

Midshipman
Going for chaplain, which makes things...interesting. (My AFCO person said he hadn’t had an application in his office for ten years!)

What about you?

Ooooo, what’s the application process like? I bet that’s quite uncommon!
I’m going for a naval nurse. :)

catan-man

Midshipman
Ooooo, what’s the application process like? I bet that’s quite uncommon!
I’m going for a naval nurse. :)
It is! They have about six per year, I think. Bizarrely my colleague a couple of miles away who started her job when I started mine, is also applying!

To join as a chaplain you have to have three years’ experience of ministry in a recognised religious body (such as the Church of England or the Methodist Church), all of which also train their ministers. (more on that in a sec)

The main difference is an interview which, I think, takes the place of the SIFT interview, with the head of your religious body. In my case that’s the “Bishop to the Forces”, whose job is to explore with prospective chaplains whether it’s something they’re called to, rather than just something they fancy doing (“are you running to the navy or away from parish ministry?” is a common question!). That interview is actually tomorrow afternoon so wish me luck

Because our sending bodies have already trained us for ministry (three years in theology college and three years “apprenticeship”), Naval training is more about turning us into sailors, so we do 15 weeks at BRNC before a transition course at Beckett House, the Armed Forces Chaplaincy Centre.

How about for you? Do you train as a civilian nurse first, or undergo nursing training as your phase 2?

soleil

War Hero
The main difference is an interview which, I think, takes the place of the SIFT interview, with the head of your religious body. In my case that’s the “Bishop to the Forces”, whose job is to explore with prospective chaplains whether it’s something they’re called to, rather than just something they fancy doing (“are you running to the navy or away from parish ministry?” is a common question!). That interview is actually tomorrow afternoon so wish me luck

Blossomtrumpet

Midshipman
Can I ask. How long is it roughly between sending your forms off to capita to hearing and getting a triage call? Also what’s the email for the gp to send details too rather than posting?
Thanks

Lovablesnowman

Midshipman
Can I ask. How long is it roughly between sending your forms off to capita to hearing and getting a triage call? Also what’s the email for the gp to send details too rather than posting?
Thanks
Only took about 2 weeks for me and after being declared TMU only about another 2 after that to get that cleared up (childhood wheeze). So it can be quick. But there's also loads of horror stories with capita

beefgirl

Midshipman
Thanks
It took them two weeks from the triage call to posting my paperwork off. I don’t know about the GP details. They don’t seem to have requested it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Avocadolol Capita and medical Joining the Royal Navy 9
couper172 Medical time frame capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
C How long does capita to give you a medical interview? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A How long did it take Capita to review your medical info? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R Medical questionnaire and call with capita Joining the Royal Navy 6
Jakeo Medical and capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Tigerpaw Medical & Capita incompetence Joining the Royal Navy 4
M Capita lost my medical notes! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
M Capita and the medical The Corps 1
F GP surgery not sending capita data Joining the Royal Navy 2
Avocadolol Capita Joining the Royal Navy 2
SeaKing2001 Capita and Asthma Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
R Capita problems Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
P CAPITA Training diary for competitive athlete Joining the Royal Navy 3
T Capita postal address Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A Medically Unfit decsion from Capita Joining the Royal Navy 2
F Capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Anchor Faced Capita Current Affairs 2
J Capita Triage Call and what best to do now? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Capita is a joke Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
T Waiting to hear back from capita - anyone else? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
G Capita Peak Flow Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Capita Advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
C Contact number for capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Seaweed Capita? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
L MH Susceptible -Medical (Suxamethonium) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Medical Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Medical appeal Joining the Royal Navy 1
S Royal Fleet auxillary Medical exam Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 3 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on extension of self-isolation period: 30 July 2020 MoD News 0
S Frustrating medical triage Joining the Royal Navy 5
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical Device “Certificates of Compliance” / “Attestation of Conformity” have no legal standing under MDR MoD News 0
R GP medical paperwork delays Joining the Royal Navy 7
Y Medical issues Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS Deos: delivering faster and better mobile medical screening MoD News 0
P What’s assessed on aircrew medical? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
P Medical appeal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
MoD_RSS MOD delivers 10,000 items of critical medical equipment to NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Medical device suppliers’ merger raises competition concerns MoD News 0
Hanginout1664 Diver Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
S Medical- Rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the UK alert level MoD News 0
T Medical Bars? Joining the Royal Navy 4
D medical triage call eczema Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS New ACCEA Medical Director announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Senior civil servant and former lecturer in medical statistics appointed to Joint Biosecurity Centre MoD News 0
H Medical Cadetships Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1