Capita medical - weight

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I have no idea, but you are the second person in the last couple of days to come up with this 'problem'.

I do not know you, your age or gender, nor do I care. But you have known about this medical for some time. If you cannot plan your personal admin, in this case a wee bit of fitness/diet, then hiow are you going to cope in the Navy?

Personally, I think you'll be TMUd and rightly so. If you REALLY want to join up, the FFS get your poo in one sock.

And use the 'Search' facility.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Damn, I wish I'd quoted now! He was worried about failing his medical in a couple of days because he was a bit of a bloater, but would it be OK anyway if he was only a little over the desired BMI.....

Chris P

War Hero
I have no idea, but you are the second person in the last couple of days to come up with this 'problem'.

I do not know you, your age or gender, nor do I care. But you have known about this medical for some time. If you cannot plan your personal admin, in this case a wee bit of fitness/diet, then hiow are you going to cope in the Navy?

Personally, I think you'll be TMUd and rightly so. If you REALLY want to join up, the FFS get your poo in one sock.

Fair comment I'd say in light of the OP :rolleyes:

Slow down 'n calm down peeps - our OP @catan-man is not your average common or garden wannabbe RNO but an ordained minister shooting for an RN Chaplaincy.

I reckon he/she feels bad enough about the fitness/weight issue without being shredded on here, fellas.

Plus, it appears from an earlier post (which the OP made in July just gone) that the time factor is not so critical as it may be for others:

<<...I’m not intending (indeed, I’m not allowed) to start training before September 2021, so at least I’m not in too much of a rush!..>>

On a lighter note, an old one perhaps but rather apt for this topic -

Scene: Our Makers Rep. making an inaugural tour of his Grey Parish during the First Dog one quiet evening on passage, is welcomed down the Stokers Messdeck for Tea 'n Stickies:

Killick Of the Mess - "More Cake, Padre?"

Maker's Rep. - "No thank you, Hooky, I've already had two slices."

Killick Of the Mess - "You greedy basDELETED BY MODERATOR

Chris P

War Hero
We had various brands of sin bosuns on the Old Grey Ghost back in the day, one of who was a monk of some description, quite a nice young fellow from memory and regular visitor to the mess (maybe he thought he'd get closer to his boss via the flight deck party mess and WAFUs!) By the time he left the ship he'd developed a very healthy taste for Tiger and various other throat lubricants, I'm not sure how well his education left him for his chosen profession.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
BOOTWU - is that true? The post was pretty short and simply said more or less what I have remembered above. I still stand by my reply, since he knew about the medical for some time - I doubt they said 'oh pop in tomorrow'.

He stated that he thought he'd be 'just over' the BMI. The chances are by having a decent poo and no brekkie that day he'd have swung it if that was the case!

Maybe if he'd stated he was older and wanted to be a Bish, then I'd have been more sympathetic.......... but we all know where sympathy is in the dictionary!

Ballistic

War Hero
BOOTWU - is that true? The post was pretty short and simply said more or less what I have remembered above. I still stand by my reply, since he knew about the medical for some time - I doubt they said 'oh pop in tomorrow'.

He stated that he thought he'd be 'just over' the BMI. The chances are by having a decent poo and no brekkie that day he'd have swung it if that was the case!

Maybe if he'd stated he was older and wanted to be a Bish, then I'd have been more sympathetic.......... but we all know where sympathy is in the dictionary!
His previous messages state that he's joining as a bish.