capita medical letter

lindk

Hi everyone I'm applying to the Navy and my initial conversation with Capita raised some questions about my mental health history. My previous GP has seriously messed my notes up and my current GP has basically just printed all of my notes without any explanation as "he doesn't get paid enough" So I'm wondering if I'm allowed to pay a private Doctor to do a proper report for me. If I send this current letter there is no chance of me passing the medical. There was nothing major in my notes just things like low mood, medicated, struggling to cope at times etc but what my current GP wont add is that I'm fine now, which I have been for years.
I just want to get a report that explains things rather than a list with no end result if that makes sense. I've read how strict Capita can be so im worried.
I have emailed Capita but ive had no response yet

47MLB

Badgeman
Hi everyone I'm applying to the Navy and my initial conversation with Capita raised some questions about my mental health history. My previous GP has seriously messed my notes up and my current GP has basically just printed all of my notes without any explanation as "he doesn't get paid enough" So I'm wondering if I'm allowed to pay a private Doctor to do a proper report for me. If I send this current letter there is no chance of me passing the medical. There was nothing major in my notes just things like low mood, medicated, struggling to cope at times etc but what my current GP wont add is that I'm fine now, which I have been for years.
I just want to get a report that explains things rather than a list with no end result if that makes sense. I've read how strict Capita can be so im worried.
I have emailed Capita but ive had no response yet
Ummmm…. THAT is a significant history of issues.

Chris P

War Hero
Sounds like your current GP is not worth the time and certainly I wouldn't want the pr1ck as my GP if that is in fact the case, seek a second opinion and if paying is the option and you are serious about the mob do it, just make sure everything is covered properly, take your old notes, don't say anything negative about your current GP - nothing to lose and everything to gain. Good luck.

lindk

Sounds like your current GP is not worth the time and certainly I wouldn't want the pr1ck as my GP if that is in fact the case, seek a second opinion and if paying is the option and you are serious about the mob do it, just make sure everything is covered properly, take your old notes, don't say anything negative about your current GP - nothing to lose and everything to gain. Good luck.
Thank you, I shall get on it on Monday :)

Waspie

War Hero
It always amazes me how non medically qualified folk, (us), are believed over medical professionals when mental health issues are raised.