Capita is a joke

SamPatt

I do not know if this is the right thread or not so apologies if it is
The main issue here is that I have not had my medical yet and my over the phone triage was in mid November. I have made countless calls must be about ten now and they have only just sent my letter to my GP 2 weeks ago after all that time. Also now it has been 2 weeks and I call the GP and they say they have not revived payment yet so I call them up and they apparently have not had the invoice and I have had to be back and forth constantly. I am not sure what on earth is going on but it is ridiculous they cant seem to sort out the simplest of things and when i call them it is the same thing every time I cant seem to win.

Bighand24

Midshipman
Just try and hang on in there with Capita keep chasing them up they'll soon get fed up off you haha. I was in the same situation within regard to Capita but I passed my medical 1st time after the traige call. It can all be a slow process.

Bighand24

Midshipman
Just hang in I know myself it's frustrating but after 8 month of applying-date I've got my official date for Raleigh and that's only because i told them (traige) I had sprained my ankle so it slowed the process up.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Whilst no apologist for Capita, in my experience the delays are usually due to the GP. Not always, about 90% upwards.

GP surgeries will often claim they haven't received the letter and usually request it is re-sent. My record is about three re-sends.

Following on from that, although the letter requests the GP provides the information prior to requesting payment by invoice, a good number of surgeries demand payment upfront. Payment is centralised and can often take a further month or two before the surgery fronts-up with the requested information. To add insult, there's usually about a four week wait for a medical examination slot (dependent on area) once it is requested.

iipodgeii

Badgeman
Took me 22mnths since first applying to actually joining in march, capita are horrid. Had to do medical twice due to them losing my paperwork

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Took me 22mnths since first applying to actually joining in march, capita are horrid. Had to do medical twice due to them losing my paperwork

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I'd be the first to admit mistakes are made.

The thing to remember is Capita are applying the standards and protocols set by the Navy. When a medical under the old scheme was sent for referral, there was one guy doing the job, covering the whole of the UK. (There's four or five now).

In most cases, the quick answer was always 'no'. Snag then is virtually every 'no' morphed into an appeal because applicants adopted the 'what is there to lose?' approach. The same person processing the medical referrals also processed the appeals. Gridlock.

I'm aware of a good number of appeals that took a long time to resolve, but it did mean the individual got a fair hearing - even if the outcome was not as they would wish. Very often a condition precludes entry for a mandated period and to the individual, this may seem like the process is dragging on, when in actual fact they have been declared 'unfit for entry' for as long as the condition persists or for a mandated symptom free period.

Antonio555

Midshipman
I must say I have had almost an extract same poor experience with capita recently. Seriously their service has been shocking. It got to the point where after weeks of them failing to even send my questionnaire to my GP I had to get them to email it to me to take personally to my gp and do theit job for them. Is this a recent slump or have they always been like this?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I must say I have had almost an extract same poor experience with capita recently. Seriously their service has been shocking. It got to the point where after weeks of them failing to even send my questionnaire to my GP I had to get them to email it to me to take personally to my gp and do theit job for them. Is this a recent slump or have they always been like this?
If you feel sufficiently aggrieved about their performance to date, write a short, polite letter to your AFCO to place your experiences on record.

If sufficient people lodge their dissatisfaction through conventional channels it will hopefully help highlight and address the areas where the contracted company fall short of the expectations of the applicant.

Unfortunately, although quick and easy to have a drip on social media (I do it myself), the situation seldom gets seen by those who can actually do something about it.

Those who do feel sufficiently moved to help those that follow would be doing us all a rather large favour. Before you ask - no it does not in any way affect the status or progress of your application but feedback is essential if we want things to improve.

MerseyMan

Badgeman
I'll have words to say soon. Admittedly it's only week 3 on the nose, if no progress is made before August, I've had it.

Cameroon..James99

Midshipman
3 weeks... try 4 months same as the gentlemen further up it’s all over this bloody payment. Back and forth calls to the GP and Captia both tell me something different. Captia are crap and I’m sorry to anyone who tries to defend them but they are! Same bog standard answers they give you when you ask for help they say they’ll do something and they never do *ucking waste of my time now was hoping to get on the last PRNC before the years out but fat chance of that happening now!

Anyway my rant over

So when Captia receive these medical records how long is the reply time and how does it come.. post or email etc?

Chalk_bosun

Lantern Swinger
The only upside of Capita I can think of is that it weeds out people who can't handle being messed around, and gives you a flavour of what to expect in the Andrew.

I wonder what the attrition rate is at the Capita stage of the application. It's a good test of one's commitment...

SOB94

Lantern Swinger
3 weeks... try 4 months same as the gentlemen further up it’s all over this bloody payment. Back and forth calls to the GP and Captia both tell me something different. Captia are crap and I’m sorry to anyone who tries to defend them but they are! Same bog standard answers they give you when you ask for help they say they’ll do something and they never do *ucking waste of my time now was hoping to get on the last PRNC before the years out but fat chance of that happening now!

Anyway my rant over

So when Captia receive these medical records how long is the reply time and how does it come.. post or email etc?
There isn't any defending capita, it all seems to be part of the process these days, in my experience the reply time was non existent (save for an email or two confirming my TMU, You just have to keep chasing it up.

I waited 6 weeks for the result of my last paper review, called them after a week and they told me I'd passed but the doctor hadn't put the paperwork through and decided to do a runner and they couldn't get in touch with him, as said above weeds out the impatient. Think of it as character building

WannabeAdmiral

Lantern Swinger
It seems they're quite hit and miss, because I got through this stage fairly quickly, with no need to take any action myself.

How they can't consistently do that is strange.

Wightsparker

War Hero
The only upside of Capita I can think of is that it weeds out people who can't handle being messed around, and gives you a flavour of what to expect in the Andrew.

I wonder what the attrition rate is at the Capita stage of the application. It's a good test of one's commitment...
From the comments on this thread, there seems to be something out of kilter here. Ninja's point about sufficient people lodging complaints may well be a way of highlighting the problem.

Another might be for the frustrated would-be joiners to put in Freedom of Information requests asking for details of delays to the process of joining, and how this is affecting much-needed manpower. Sorry, people-power.

Chalk Bosun's point about a good test of commitment may be a wry reflection of an old Service maxim: if you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined. Or, rather, tried to.

Cameroon..James99

Midshipman
Yea I do get what you’re saying but it’s a bad first impression for new applicants who suffer the same problems as we’ve had.

I will admit it is a good character builder especially when it comes to talk to people over the phone haha

Lynds

Badgeman
My son waited months and months for capita to make the payment to the surgery, the surgery showed me early on they had the paper work from them, I tried not to get involved but after phone calls, emails all from my son I had to do something so I emailed them explaining the length of time it's taking, it's my sons future...... payment was made the next day!

Latest Threads