Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capita and the medical

Mank3941

I initially joined the Royal Marines back in 2012. I left training at the 22 week point. Now I have matured I am wanting to go back in.

I had a medical back in February, I was then told afterwards that I needed to come back on the 1st of May for another (they did not specify why, I thought the medical went fine). I have now just been told that I have been medically deferred by Capita till September. My AFCO said that Capita would not disclose why. I have since spent several hours on the phone being passed around different offices in Capita who always say "sorry we don't handle that here" who then passed me on to the navy who told me I need to speak to capita again. After giving up with phoning capita I tried phoning the clinic I had the medical at. Again they say I have the wrong reception and they will transfer me through, then hung up the phone. Could somebody please help? This is incredibly frustrating!!! The Clinic was Harley Street in London

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
The frustration is appreciated.

There can be a variety of medical reasons, obviously. Often applicants have selective hearing & only hear the Doc say "Everything is fine" and miss the "....except I need to write to your Doc about the xxxxx" bit.

What sometimes happens is a Recruit at CTC may hand their chit in whilst in Hunter Company which basically means they have an unresolved medical issue requiring post-discharge checks to ensure the issue is fully resolved & presents no further issues.

Other issues need to be "time expired" - ie: a broken bone or surgical procedure usually means the individual needs to be 12 months clear of being discharged from outpatients.

The thing about all this is, the contracted company will not speak direct to the applicant because the issue is between the individual, their GP & the AFCO Medical Examiner. The AFCO staff are not told what the issue is beyond "TMU" and then told when to book a medical review.

The contracted doctors may perhaps only undertake AFCO medical examinations once or twice a month, so even if you could speak to the examiner, the odds are he/she will not recall your individual case.

Bottom line is you've already had an opportunity & elected to leave. You have returned three years later and the service has so far agreed to consider you for a second attempt - it's not really a strong angle from which to drip about stuff to be perfectly honest.

Nevertheless good luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B CAPITA MEDICAL Joining the Royal Navy 39
Avocadolol Capita and medical Joining the Royal Navy 9
couper172 Medical time frame capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
C How long does capita to give you a medical interview? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A How long did it take Capita to review your medical info? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R Medical questionnaire and call with capita Joining the Royal Navy 6
Jakeo Medical and capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Tigerpaw Medical & Capita incompetence Joining the Royal Navy 4
M Capita lost my medical notes! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
M Anyone else waiting on Capita? Joining the Royal Navy 9
P Capita confirmation Joining the Royal Navy 3
SeaKing2001 Capita! Joining the Royal Navy 2
F GP surgery not sending capita data Joining the Royal Navy 2
Avocadolol Capita Joining the Royal Navy 2
SeaKing2001 Capita and Asthma Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
R Capita problems Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
P CAPITA Training diary for competitive athlete Joining the Royal Navy 3
T Capita postal address Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A Medically Unfit decsion from Capita Joining the Royal Navy 2
F Capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Anchor Faced Capita Current Affairs 2
J Capita Triage Call and what best to do now? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Capita is a joke Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
T Waiting to hear back from capita - anyone else? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
G Capita Peak Flow Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Capita Advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
C Contact number for capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Seaweed Capita? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
M Medical Confusion Joining the Royal Navy 15
A Medical Eligabillity Joining the Royal Navy 16
S Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam's Op-Ed MoD News 0
C Medical Assistant Role Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Emerging Canadian leaders in the medical field secure UK Government's Chevening Scholarship MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the COVID-19 alert level MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer briefing on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 September 2020 MoD News 0
B Captia medical Joining the Royal Navy 3
P Medical Appeals waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Medical questionnaire, best practice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Government working with midwives, medical experts, and academics to investigate BAME maternal mortality MoD News 0
M Aircraft controller aircrew medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Medical History of Opiate Dependance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
R Medical - Irritation in ears Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on schools and childcare reopening MoD News 0
L MH Susceptible -Medical (Suxamethonium) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Medical Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Medical appeal Joining the Royal Navy 8
S Royal Fleet auxillary Medical exam Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 3 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on extension of self-isolation period: 30 July 2020 MoD News 0