Capita and medical

Avocadolol

I will try not ask too my questions about this! My AFCO weren’t really any help with this aspect of things, so just coming on here to see if anyone successfully got into the navy with the things I’m stating :)

May seem stupid but who/what the heck is capita and how does it work?, I keep seeing the word thrown around everywhere hahaha
also who are medical tests done by and do you have a second more in depth one when you arrive at Raleigh?
is it possible to pass a medical if you have had ONE “episode” of suicide? (I know there aren’t any medical staff on here most likely ... but has anyone or anyone that you know with episode of depression or an attempt ever passed the medical? don’t have to give names, don’t worry or don’t have to say it was you)
finally if getting a letter from your gp states that You have the all clear and are no longer considered to be at risk and are perfectly fine to work any job, does anyone think that would help being passed through the medical If you showed this letter and explained the reasons behind why everything happened, and it wasn’t as serious as it’s made out to be on the medical reports

i know these are a lot of questions,I’m not expecting any one to know the answers, just giving it a shot on here in case any one has been through the same sort of thing! I also respect that there maybe no authorised or professional medical staff on here. Just asking as i rang up my AFCO the other day and they basically said they were as clueless as I was! and it’s driving me insane trying to find answers online :( but yeah ... anyway chaps, anything answered is appreciated, :)))

i am still going to apply but Im worrying too much about this part!

I'm sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Capita are the company outsourced for the medicals, they check your medical records and you have a more in depth medical when you get to Raleigh.

I can't help with the rest of your questions though.

crash_evans

War Hero
I will try not ask too my questions about this! My AFCO weren’t really any help with this aspect of things, so just coming on here to see if anyone successfully got into the navy with the things I’m stating :)

May seem stupid but who/what the heck is capita and how does it work?, I keep seeing the word thrown around everywhere hahaha
also who are medical tests done by and do you have a second more in depth one when you arrive at Raleigh?
is it possible to pass a medical if you have had ONE “episode” of suicide? (I know there aren’t any medical staff on here most likely ... but has anyone or anyone that you know with episode of depression or an attempt ever passed the medical? don’t have to give names, don’t worry or don’t have to say it was you)
finally if getting a letter from your gp states that You have the all clear and are no longer considered to be at risk and are perfectly fine to work any job, does anyone think that would help being passed through the medical If you showed this letter and explained the reasons behind why everything happened, and it wasn’t as serious as it’s made out to be on the medical reports

i know these are a lot of questions,I’m not expecting any one to know the answers, just giving it a shot on here in case any one has been through the same sort of thing! I also respect that there maybe no authorised or professional medical staff on here. Just asking as i rang up my AFCO the other day and they basically said they were as clueless as I was! and it’s driving me insane trying to find answers online :( but yeah ... anyway chaps, anything answered is appreciated, :)))

i am still going to apply but Im worrying too much about this part!

I'm sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere
I find it very difficult to believe I’m afraid that your AFCO are clueless.

There are several bars to entry and they will understand all of them. What they cannot comment on are medical issues (specifically if it will preclude you entering). This will be the decision of SMO (SE).

Register your interest online on the Navy website, then begin the process and be completely honest on your previous medical history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris P

Lantern Swinger
Golly gosh, how things have changed when I jioned four of us went from school to the recruiting orofice in Lincoln, sat a simple test I think, the doc exercised his stethoscope and then had us do a few pull ups on a bar accross a corner of the surgery, a few weeks later a railway warrant and date for Raleigh at the end of summer holidays. The world moves ono_O

Lovablesnowman

Midshipman
Golly gosh, how things have changed when I jioned four of us went from school to the recruiting orofice in Lincoln, sat a simple test I think, the doc exercised his stethoscope and then had us do a few pull ups on a bar accross a corner of the surgery, a few weeks later a railway warrant and date for Raleigh at the end of summer holidays. The world moves ono_O
Probably couldn't sue the navy for any kind of negligence back then though. Whereas today you can sue for anything. And thus the navy has to be extremely careful (even if it's actively to its detriment but turning away recruits in the midst of a manpower crisis)

Stirlin

War Hero
Probably couldn't sue the navy for any kind of negligence back then though. Whereas today you can sue for anything. And thus the navy has to be extremely careful (even if it's actively to its detriment but turning away recruits in the midst of a manpower crisis)
Back then we did not WANT everything yesterday , most were fit blokes as there was no junk food or umpteen different fizzy drinks to sup , medical done and dusted plus RT test was similar to today We joined , did our time and 99.9 % of us enjoyed it so why would we want to sue the RN for negligence.
There are ambulance chasers everywhere today , the RN is more about getting value for money they have invested in the recruits.

Chris P

Lantern Swinger
Sad innit, I remember during the FW or just after a member of a ships company PO Scribbler I think was interviewed on TV, his words were 'if I thought I was going to have do this I wouldn't have joined' what a f-----g tosser, just goes to show - could've doffed him one and there was me feeling guilty that I wasn't going with a lot of mates who were still serving :confused:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B CAPITA MEDICAL Joining the Royal Navy 1
couper172 Medical time frame capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
C How long does capita to give you a medical interview? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A How long did it take Capita to review your medical info? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
R Medical questionnaire and call with capita Joining the Royal Navy 6
Jakeo Medical and capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
Tigerpaw Medical & Capita incompetence Joining the Royal Navy 4
M Capita lost my medical notes! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
M Capita and the medical The Corps 1
F GP surgery not sending capita data Joining the Royal Navy 2
Avocadolol Capita Joining the Royal Navy 2
SeaKing2001 Capita and Asthma Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
R Capita problems Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
P CAPITA Training diary for competitive athlete Joining the Royal Navy 3
T Capita postal address Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
A Medically Unfit decsion from Capita Joining the Royal Navy 2
F Capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Anchor Faced Capita Current Affairs 2
J Capita Triage Call and what best to do now? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Capita is a joke Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
T Waiting to hear back from capita - anyone else? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
G Capita Peak Flow Test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Capita Advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
C Contact number for capita Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Seaweed Capita? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
MoD_RSS Deos: delivering faster and better mobile medical screening MoD News 0
P What’s assessed on aircrew medical? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
P Medical appeal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS MOD delivers 10,000 items of critical medical equipment to NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Medical device suppliers’ merger raises competition concerns MoD News 0
Hanginout1664 Diver Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
S Medical- Rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the UK alert level MoD News 0
T Medical Bars? Joining the Royal Navy 4
D medical triage call eczema Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS New ACCEA Medical Director announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Senior civil servant and former lecturer in medical statistics appointed to Joint Biosecurity Centre MoD News 0
H Medical Cadetships Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
C Medical Experience - Acne Joining the Royal Navy 10
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on an update to coronavirus symptoms: 18 March 2020 MoD News 0
C Application referred to senior medical officer. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS Puma helicopter performs first island medical evacuation MoD News 0
L trying to get my medical Joining the Royal Navy 9
C Diver Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
MoD_RSS Border Force prioritising checks on medical equipment MoD News 0
J Medical- psycathric (sorry for spelling!!) Joining the Royal Navy 2
MoD_RSS UK medicines and medical devices regulator investigating 14 cases of fake or unlicensed COVID-19 medical products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chancellor waives duties and VAT on vital medical imports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus: global crackdown sees a rise in unlicenced medical products related to COVID-19 MoD News 0