Cant what I am typing on long posts and Is there a...

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Powder, Feb 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whenever I start writting a long post (and it leaves this little white box I am typing in), the post seems to always automatically go to the top. So after every letter I type it will throw me back up to the top. Is there anyway of disabling this? It drives me crazy. I dont usually make typos, but when I do, I have to backspace the whole paragraph to see where I have gone wrong!
    Its hard to explain, so not to worry if you don't know what I am talking about!

Another question I was going to ask, is there a way of Multiquoting? I know on most forums there is a way of quoting more than one person, but I cant seem to find it on here without typing in the HTML manually.
    e.g. "[ Quote] blah blah blah [ / Quote]"
    Thank you in advance for your time,

2. I had this as well.

Fcuking annoying isn't it.

Use Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer, the snags seem to disappear.
  3. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

As pointed out to me by another user; click the compatibility icon at the end of the address bar and all will be well.
  4. I don't like the look of Chrome and cant be bothered to switch back to it purely for one site. But yes, it is VERY annoying!

Perfect, thank you. That feels so much better. Is there any chance of adding a Multi-quote button, or atleas the ability to quote more than one person though? I am not sure how difficult/easy it is to do as I have no experience in website design via Forums (never created one or modded on one)