Canadian Army causes trouble in Cyprus!

I was out and about on Friday in Limmasol and it was packed full of Canadians. I decided to read up on some local news and found this little piece;

NICOSIA, March 4 (Xinhua) -- Three Canadian soldiers stationed in Afghanistan were briefly arrested in the southern Cypriot city of Limassol, following a drunken brawl with local police outside a club, the Cyprus Sunday Mail reported.

The soldiers were among 200 Canadians from the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), a NATO-led stabilization force in Afghanistan. They were on leave in Cyprus.

The incident happened on Saturday when the drunken Canadians swore at a nightclub guard in a tourist area after being requested to show identification to enter the club, said Limassol police.

Nearby police officers intervened but the soldiers began swearing at them as well and when the police moved to arrest them, the Canadians attacked them.

The three soldiers were arrested and two injured policemen were taken to hospital with bruises and scratches.

Limassol police said that the three Canadian soldiers were charged and released a few hours after their arrest. They were due to leave Cyprus on Sunday.
full story

They sound like they asked for it. Cyprus is no stranger to battling pongos'.
I have had some great runs there over the years but let us not forget there are more than a few of the greasy locals who just love to start trouble with the military, and the same as in Gib, the local feds nearly always back the greaseballs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
A Nautical Jokes 0
golden_rivet History 6