Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canada in the news and stories of our own Andy McNabb

I have to say this story has me shaking my head... (and really, really wanting to be the prosecutor on these cases)

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...30/jtf2_memoir_080430/20080430?hub=TopStories

And then the disgraceful behaviour of three reservists...

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...trial_homeless_080417/20080417?hub=TopStories

Our last remaining First World War vet has regained his Canadian citizenship.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...abcock_citizen_080508/20080508?hub=TopStories


And a story where my lovely kidlet is in the pic... (she's "driving" the right hand boat)

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080505/flood_nb_080505/20080505

And finally, we're ramping up the deployment of DART... this is exciting as it'll go on the new C17s - which is what we got them for.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/05/08/burma-relief.html
 

Bergen

ADC
Niner_Domestic said:
I have to say this story has me shaking my head... (and really, really wanting to be the prosecutor on these cases)

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...30/jtf2_memoir_080430/20080430?hub=TopStories

And then the disgraceful behaviour of three reservists...

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...trial_homeless_080417/20080417?hub=TopStories

Our last remaining First World War vet has regained his Canadian citizenship.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...abcock_citizen_080508/20080508?hub=TopStories


And a story where my lovely kidlet is in the pic... (she's "driving" the right hand boat)

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080505/flood_nb_080505/20080505

And finally, we're ramping up the deployment of DART... this is exciting as it'll go on the new C17s - which is what we got them for.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/05/08/burma-relief.html

LOL - Reading your fourth link I was suddenly transported back to New Brunswick's Fredericton Airport, boarding a RAF C-130 with the Canucks for a night drop over Gagetown. We had been tail-gating from an RCAF Caribou for a week [from a leisurely 1200 feet, clean fatigue and with T-10 parachutes] and forgot to tell the Canucks that when they exited from the Herc they would find themselves at 800' with a Brit PX canopy above them and not a lot of time to release their CSPEP's. Couple of our Canadians had distinct sense of humour failures but we all made up again on an organised visit to the Moosehead Brewery in St. John. :thumright:

I look back on it now and realise that the most dangerous thing we did there was landing in the Gagetown area. The US had been testing Agent Orange in the surrounding area and no-one thought it worth mentioning that we should have been wearing NBC Suits - FFS.

RM
 

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Could be worse, you could have been living in Southampton and Swindon when the UK MoD decided to test biological agents.

Sort of makes sense of what is there now :rendeer:
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
wave_dodger said:
Could be worse, you could have been living in Southampton and Swindon when the UK MoD decided to test biological agents...

Speaking as a Pompey fan, that explains a lot... :rendeer:
 

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hmm, have you walked around Portsea lately? I'd wondered where the Fraggles went when they cancelled the show!
 

Bergen

ADC
ex_rubberdagger said:
Niner_Domestic said:
Bergen, if you or anyone else feels they might have been exposed to AO in NB, they can contact the Association for details.
http://www.agentorangealert.com/images/May07NewsFinal.pdf

It was Bergens way of blending in with the pointy heads down in Hereford. It seems he may have succeeded. :thumright:

XRD - The Booth Hall in Hereford always reminded me of the Wookie Bar in Star Wars except that the women were uglier; those Hereford gals had to tie a bone around their necks just to get the dog to play with them :thumright:

Agent Orange - another wonderful invention by GR's favourite company - Monsanto Agri-Chemicals; I think that your oppo Slimey was hit by a full tank of it :bball:

RM
 
Bergen said:
ex_rubberdagger said:
Niner_Domestic said:
Bergen, if you or anyone else feels they might have been exposed to AO in NB, they can contact the Association for details.
http://www.agentorangealert.com/images/May07NewsFinal.pdf

It was Bergens way of blending in with the pointy heads down in Hereford. It seems he may have succeeded. :thumright:

XRD - The Booth Hall in Hereford always reminded me of the Wookie Bar in Star Wars except that the women were uglier; those Hereford gals had to tie a bone around their necks just to get the dog to play with them :thumright:

Agent Orange - another wonderful invention by GR's favourite company - Monsanto Agri-Chemicals; I think that your oppo Slimey was hit by a full tank of it :bball:

RM

Wookie bar in moss isley reminds me of going for a night out in Bromyard mate!! You never quite know where the freaks are going to come from next :thumright:

As for Kidderminster, FFS i never usually have to go over there during the day and was taken back by the amount of dinner gongs being let out. Gee Pa how comes those normal looking people over there ony have 2 eyes :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:
 

Tall_bloke

Lantern Swinger
D&D's in Swindon was the place to be, Mate. Was officially called Destiny & Desire, but more locally known as Divorced & Desperate! they had to fit a cattle grid on the front door to stop most of the hoofed mammals from getting in!
Swindon is the only place where we jumped in a taxi and asked the driver if he could take us somewhere he recommended, and he offered to take us to Bristol !!
 
Nina when I read DART I thought it was going to be a new strap on missile for the Globemaster. Then I read the article concerning the Disaster Team and smiled wryly and thought how naive they are in Canada if they think the Burmese General are going to let in 200 serving Canadian Soldiers into Burma.

Still sitting in a hanger in Thailand no doubt.


Nutty
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: New general licences for controlling Canada geese and wood pigeon comes into force MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Nuclear decommissioning collaboration agreement with Canada renewed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK-Canada collaborations to boost productivity: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: From Scotland to Canada: Burns night boost for haggis exports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Transatlantic flight guarantee as UK and Canada agree new air arrangement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary announces exceptional gift to Canada MoD News 0
soleil Nanaimo Daily News (Canada): "Veteran Recalls Fascinating Navy Life" History 1
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: De Havilland Canada Dash 8-402, failure of left aileron cable MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK medicines regulator joins up with Australia, Canada, Singapore and Switzerland regulators MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Nagorno-Karabakh: UK and Canada joint statement in response to continued military clashes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Nagorno-Karabakh violence: UK and Canada Foreign Ministers' joint statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Freedom of media concerns in Belarus: UK-Canada joint statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary to host Canada’s Foreign Minister at Hampton Court Palace MoD News 0
MoD_RSS United Kingdom and Canada mark the one-year anniversary of the first Global Conference for Media Freedom MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sentencing of Human Rights Defenders in Turkey: UK and Canada statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Canada Pension Plan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint Statement from the UK, Australia, Canada, and United States on Hong Kong MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint Statement from the UK, Australia and Canada on Hong Kong MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK diplomats in Canada take part in 24hr Global Relay Marathon MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Nationals in Canada: Returning to the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Improving farm productivity in UK and Canada: apply for funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary speech: UK & Canada MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada: 8 January 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with PM Trudeau of Canada MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary's visit to Toronto, Canada - 6 August 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Red Arrows set to soar across Canada MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint UK-Canada Statement on the Global Conference for Media Freedom MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK and Canada lead global campaign to defend media freedom MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK and Canada joint statement on Hong Kong MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary statement on Canada and Huawei MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK trade with Canada up 14% since new free trade agreement introduced MoD News 0
Wightsparker Type 26 for Canada Current Affairs 2
soleil RAF: "Four Lightning jets of 617 Squadron Are Currently Refuelling Off The Coast Of Canada On Their Way To The UK & Their New Home Of RAF Marham." The Fleet Air Arm 5
MoD_RSS Press release: UK gifts historic shipwrecks to Canada MoD News 0
BillyNoMates 438 Tactical Helicopter Squadron (Canada) The Fleet Air Arm 3
BillyNoMates Canada. Current Affairs 4
soleil National Post (Canada): "Silencing The Echos Of History" International 2
superpom Gay Pride Flag flown at Canadian Forces Base, Edmonton Alberta Canada today Diamond Lil's 1
Gino Canada's Navy to be Royal Again Current Affairs 18
marmalizer RFA Fort George: In Canada Dock, Liverpool. Awaiting disposal :( Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
soleil BBC: "Ark Royal Crew Salutes HM The Queen in Canada" The Fleet 7
Niner_Domestic Canada Army Run in Ottawa - Sept 21 2008 International 2
wet_blobby Canada V New Zealand...which one? International 59
BillyNoMates "Profile"(Submariners Association of Canada) History 3
slim No stoning, Canada migrants told The Quarterdeck 6
MoD_RSS Crime news: online guidance for sending hearing fees rollout MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: recruitment launch for Legal Aid Review Panel MoD News 0
soleil Portsmouth News: RN Officer Makes History After Being Named Top Naval Student On Germany's Most Prestigious Course The Fleet 2
MoD_RSS Civil news: opportunity to bid for telephone advice contracts MoD News 0
higthepig Navy news September 2020 The Quarterdeck 0
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top