Can you wear dolphins upon return to general service?

If you somehow managed to get out of the submarine service and go back skimmer could you continue to wear your dolphins?
I know admirals always wear them but I never saw a rating do it and my old chief was an ex submariner. Was just wondering out of interest rather than actually for my own benefit.

Yes, a RO on us went back to Gens. He wore them on Divisions, the Joss was not happy but the skipper was ex Submariner, so the Kissing Kippers stayed. He then joined the Regulating Branch :eek:mg: and carried on wearing them as a Crusher in Faslavatory.

Well its in dress regulations now that they must be worn on both 3s, 4s and overalls as well as 1s. Just imagined it wouldn't go down well rocking a pair on your daily working rig.

I don't think it's mandatory to wear them on 4's and ovies, more personal choice. There's not that many that wear them where I am, it seems to be mainly Faslavatory ratings.

I've seen a few ex-submariners in GS wearing them. They're an award and kept for life.

I don't think it's mandatory to wear them on 4's and ovies, more personal choice. There's not that many that wear them where I am, it seems to be mainly Faslavatory ratings.

I've seen a few ex-submariners in GS wearing them. They're an award and kept for life.
In Faslane it seems to be mandatory, I know some people who were MAA'd for not.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gerrysurfs Submariners 16
I Submariners 13
creeper Submariners 12