Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you cheat at Ukkers?

Junglie

Badgeman
Surely there's no such thing as cheating at ukkers. It's all part of the unwritten rule, just don't get caught!!!

ex_wasp_L2

Lantern Swinger
Just asked a squaddie who sits opposite me if the army plays ukkers he said, and I quote, "aint that ludo?" to which I had to leave the office and go and polute Greater Dorset.

jesse650

War Hero
I understand from pongo sources that the AAC plays ucckers......but that might just be a rumour. And you can now spot a AAC detactchment under canvas from 500 yrds by the screams of "six throwing lucky bas***d" :)

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
As true afficianados of the 'childish game played by sailors' will testify, there are only TWO rules in Uckers (YF):

1. Don't cheat
2. Cheat (but don't get caught)

'Nuff said!

:evil:

KATWEEZIL

Lantern Swinger
It perfectly ok to up-board when looking for the rulebook.

AndyM - Thanks for the link - Just ordering my Dad's birthday pressie now

yorkie-s

Badgeman
3Q on the Antrim had an 8 sided board the games would take all night and end up in a big argument.
Timber shifting is a must !If you cant win without cheating its not worth winning!!!! I find keeping up a dialogue with your oppo nent keeps them ditracted.
You can buy a board on line for £20 if you can't be arsed to make one,fantastic fun at barbies once youve showed the civvies how to play.

finknottle

Banned
I have an interesting yarn regarding ukkers of which I am extremely proud. The maintainers in the PO's mess on the Fife used to play uckkers into the wee small hours depriving those of us who had a proper job sleep. When we were at sea somewhere or other I managed to covertly remove the offending table to the upper deck and give it a float test. Needless to say the cry went up 'Anyone seen the feckin ukkers table'? I just smiled a smile of deep satisfaction. If any of you were in the mess at that time circa 1975, it was me :smile:

ANGWISH

Lantern Swinger
I recon civvies must get warned off to learn the glorious game before they join. They obviously don't learn much. How else can you explain so may Ludo playing barstuards in the mess?? :idea: :cool:

Stripey_G

War Hero
finknottle said:
I have an interesting yarn regarding ukkers of which I am extremely proud. The maintainers in the PO's mess on the Fife used to play uckkers into the wee small hours depriving those of us who had a proper job sleep. When we were at sea somewhere or other I managed to covertly remove the offending table to the upper deck and give it a float test. Needless to say the cry went up 'Anyone seen the feckin ukkers table'? I just smiled a smile of deep satisfaction. If any of you were in the mess at that time circa 1975, it was me :smile:

Barstwerd!!!!!!!!! Found you at last!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

clanky

War Hero
Never waste a double.
Always sream one bit in to avoid an 8 peicing.
If you think you might have enough steaming room, then you definately hav'nt

clanky

War Hero
Never waste a double.
Always sream one bit in to avoid an 8 peicing.
If you think you might have enough steaming room, then you definately hav'nt

Latest Threads