Can you apply for the Army and Navy at the same time?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Yapper, Oct 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys, please help me out with some information. Can you apply for the Army and Navy at the same time?

2. NO! they check it on a system. Also is this because your thinking, if you fail one, you can do the other?

3. STFU cheekyjiz.

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yapper: Welcome to Rum Ration! :thumbleft:

Please ignore any "advice" posted by either of these O2 Thieves - we have a couple of AFCO Advisers on here (Supermario and Ninja_Stoker) who will no doubt give the official answer accordingly, in due course.

5. Yes you can. I've not done it, but being in the TA I have known colleagues apply for the regular army and navy at the same time and then chose one of them. Another did the same with Navy and RAF, and chose the Navy.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Technically there is no legal reason why not, however it costs about £7,500 to process successful candidates to join the Navy & (for some obscure reason) the Army nearly double that. Often you maybe told it isn't possible or that you must only apply for one or other because it questions your motivation - if your motivation is questionable, you can be knocked back.

To be honest we don't particularly like it as it entails a lot of nugatory work for one or other service & no part of selection is interchangeable with the other service, so you have to complete all elements of both.

Common sense would dictate that you aim high with regard the appropriate recruiting tests, then see which job is suited to you & go forward with that, pausing the other application with the option to continue if things don't work out. For the Navy, the clock starts with regard waiting times to join from when you pass the Recruiting Test.

Be aware we sometimes get "serial applicants" who apply for everything but join nothing - at best they are simply time wasters, to put it politely.

7. When was the last time I tried giving advice about anything other than the RT, interview or some other aspect of selection that I had been through? Bell wipe :roll:

8. Doc/Tim or is it Pinocchio??? your nose is growing :dontknow:

9. Wow. You cant really tell me to STFU. Your a mong yourself, so just join the group.

10. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

d retard mating ritual,it brngz a tear 2 d eye. :hump:

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

:happy1: One was considering deleting the expletives, but since it's lunch-time, care for a popcorn?

12. That's not my nose, Scouse 8O

13. :p In civvy street I applied to the Police and the Prison Service at the same time 8) And the Prison Service answered first :eek: and now I sit back on a big fat pension. :p

14. still a screw though jesse!

15. I really must protest at the use of the term mong, as it is offensive to people with Down syndrome to impute their intellect sinks quite so low. I suggest the term, in "honour" of some of the dimwitted postings on another thread, to refer to these posts as Leo-tards, after Chico's oppo Leo.... :twisted: :D :wink:

16. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

thingy, stop being a mongmong.

17. :geek: Yup it never leaves you and I expect former policemen would agree. :wink: I have an highly tuned instinct for danger and can sum up non verbal communications in time to get my retaliation in first. :lol: It comes in very handy you know.: :evil:

18. Oh you're in the prison service too? Which nick?

19. ..."big fat pension"...was a bit of a clue.

20. Meh, Dartmoor Channings Wood or Exeter.