Can we talk about it now?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by SimpleReservist, Sep 19, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I take it that now the nation has decided, we can talk about funny blokes wearing skirts?

2. Sssshhh, PT is listening!

• Like Like x 2
  3. The only thing that I would like to send to Mr Salmond is a copy of the Strawbs hit: "You won't get me I'm part of the Union, you won't get me I'm part of the Union.....'til the day I die"...obviously it would be wrapped in a Union Flag for good measure.

Your one goal in life is to disolve the 300 year union, self promotion is your middle name.

Don't cry into your beer Alex, you are a bad loser who will keep fermenting anti English sentiment until endex.

View attachment 12573

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Gents, use your common sense.

If you really feel your lives will somehow be enriched at the thought of getting one over by throwing cheap shots at the mod of a forum by posting on this subject then crack on. But if you are serving then don't link the fact you are serving to your thoughts on the referendum (as per very clear message from CDS today) - e.g. 'I'm happy,sad,glad etc' is fine. 'I'm serving and I think Alex Salmond is a $^$£^% for what he did' is not.

• Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  5. I'm Scottish, did my 22+ and I am VERY pleased it was a resounding(ish) NO.

As an aside, how come the next door neighbours can have pages of different posts on this very same topic, with no mods geting uppity?

Just asking like, innit.

6. Purple_twiglet

SB - sensible answer time. The reason is because both sites have different moderation policies and generally they have a combination of sensible level headed posters who generally can have a reasoned discussion, and secondly because there are sufficient moderators on there to deal with the crayon wielding idiots.

Like I said, for very good reasons went into at length at the time it wasn't possible to have the same discussion here. The temporary ban is now lifted here, but serving personnel are reminded of the very clear guidance they were given on this subject.

7. We are talking about the same ARRSE here, aren't we? :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. PT no cheap shot intended, and certainly no intent to upset you. However, if my light hearted humour has offended,then I apologise unreservedly. The mod's job is not easy, you will always be too lenient, or not stringent enough. I appreciate your efforts to ensure serving personnel did not get in the poo.

9. If we are talking of ROMFT then there are no Mods.
    The site has self moderation and is better for it

10. Purple_twiglet

Not talking about ROMFT but somewhere else.

11. Must be arse then, funny how the two sites have the same owners but are Moderated differently:(

12. Slim, see posts 5 and 7!

13. Purple_twiglet

Slim - if you don't like how this site gets run, then don't post here. Pretty simple really and far more effective than just tagging a 'BS' to every post of mine you dont like.

• Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  14. Stop Whinging, I like the site however there are one or two things I do not like.
    I believe that I have only ever tagged BS to two of your posts, surely that's why the BS button is there.
    Looks like your answer to those who are in disagreement to you is for them to leave the site.
    In you eyes everyone is out of step except PT

• Like Like x 1
  15. Purple_twiglet

Nope - I actively welcome people to this site, but I fully expect them to adhere to the rules of the site and accept different sites have different moderation policies. I go to a lot of different sites and play their game by their rules. It's not difficult but it does mean I don't often get to occupy the outraged daily mail moral high ground some here desperately want to occupy at every opportunity.

16. The Dunning Krueger effect is strong here!

• Like Like x 5
  17. Now this is where the problem lies.
    Different MODs apply the rules in different ways on this site. Unfortunately the site owners seem to let the site MODs do whatever they wish and allow them to make the rules up as they go along.
    Thanks Peebs, must admit I had to go to Wikkipedia to know what you were on about.;)

18. you're welcome Shippers. D-K is surprisingly common amongst some sections of the community.

19. Tried to post the below in the middle watch , but site maintenance put the mockers on it

Why different moderation policies? Same owners, both forces orientated? surely the brief to moderators on both sites is the same, if so, they would only differ when a moderator deviates from his/her brief.

The only real differences between ARRSE and RR:
    1. Primary Target Arm (Navy - Army obviously)
    2. Size, lot more pongo's than jack, so ARRSE has a significantly greater number of members/posters, with a proportionatly greater number of serious and idiot members

So I reiterate, why different policies?

20. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Last time I looked, ROMFT was members only and behind closed doors. Does anyone feel that journalists have been lurking and quote mining the well informed, serving or otherwise current members therein?