Can of worms

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, May 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Guardian:

Newly released evidence to Chilcot inquiry directly contradicts Blair government's claims about dossier. A top military intelligence official has said the discredited dossier on Iraq's weapons programme was drawn up "to make the case for war", flatly contradicting persistent claims to the contrary by the Blair government, and in particular by Alastair Campbell, the former prime minister's chief spin doctor.

Full Story Here.

Can we hope that justice will be done for those responsible for the death of thousand?
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  2. =================================================

Can of worms? Fishing? Need a bite?

So sorry for the crayon Finks; just noticed that this is CA and I'm a bit busy just now - but do play on, wontcha now?

3. Oh I do hope so.
  4. This could be just the jolt that the Cilcott enquiry in particular (and public opinion in general) needs to put Blair and his cronies (including opposite numbers in the US) firmly in the firing line - can't wait to see whether it is seized upon with the enthusiasm it deserves.

By the way BOOTWU - many thanks!
  5. Whatever whichever NO ONE WILL EVER know the truth for years .I believe there was some kind of cover up.But i also think it is time to let it lie !
  6. If that is the case then WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING MESSING AROUND WITH THE CHILCOTT ENQUIRY? Now is the very time NOT to let it lie!
  7. There have been so many enquiries, all I believe will arrive at the conclusions set for them by the political paymasters. If you don't like the answer, then don't ask the questions. The alternative set up an enquiry and give them the conclusion to arrive at. Win,Win.
    The real question should be "Why has Finks changed his avatar.
  8. His old one was a beer mat, they get soggy after a while.

I do agree with his sentiments though and await a similar inquiry for this governments continued involvement in Libya. No fly zone my arse.
  9. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Re Chilcott, the political paymasters have now changed so perhaps a teensy smidgin of honesty and more searching questioning MIGHT creep in. PERHAPS.
  10. I don't actually have a problem with Chilcott and his team, they seem to have been fairly honest and focused (and independent). The problem, as usual, is with the lies and half-truths being bandied about by some of those facing the enquiry (no names no pack drill) and the interesting part now will be what follow ups, recalls for further questioning, conclusions and censures are introduced in light of contradictory information currently being presented.
  11. I have changed my avatar to show solidarity with the Union.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Blair and his cronies standing before a court charged with crimes against humanity.

12. No argument there, Finks; yet I also sense echoes of knitting being practiced.

A little-known fact is that <<the French tricoteuses used a single Tunisian hook (also known as Afghan hook) for tricot crochet, which creates a flat fabric.>>....o_O

13. Roll on the Republic.

My Mum taught me how to knit, knit one pearl two.
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  14. --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine taught me never to talk to strange men, but she made no mention of keyboards and the interweb.:-|.......
  15. And you teach submariners? :-D
  16. A certain government advisor was hounded to his death for saying that the so-called dodgey dossier had been sexed up and now someone come out of the woodwork and says he was right..Why has he taken so long to bring this to our notice?
  17. More evidence popping up and more questions to be answered.

Mystery of the helicopter that landed at scene of Dr Kelly's death after his body was found | Mail Online
  18. We all know the truth here:

The invasion of Iraq was undertaken by the US on the mistaken portrayal that Saddam had something to do with 911 and Al Queada/Bin Laden.

The UK went along with it because Blair privately told George Bush that he could "count on us" in helping get rid of Saddam Hussein, an aim, he said, for which his government should be "gung-ho".

To pull off this noble, if flawed enterprise, Blair and his cabal beefed up a dossier or 2 to persuede the country that Saddam was a threat and we needed to invade to remove the WOMD he denied having.

We all know this is what happened.
  19. We do and want those responsible brought to justice.
  20. We are obliged to TeeCeeCee for bringing us the result if the Chilcott Inquiry months in advance and I am not at odds with the findings.Trouble is some very powerful people are denying that scenario and they have had plenty of time to bury the bodies(literally in one case) so unless one of them breaks the code of silence about what really went on in the lead up to Iraq 2003 it will always be a moot point.