Can i still join the navy with this conviction?

James.17

Hello im looking for advice or anyone who could give me some insight into my situation.
I am due to have my Royal navy interview next week.
But recently i was pulled over in my car and had it seised and compounded and was punished for invalid insurance. I was moving my car down the road as it was parked on yellow lines. The car park was 50 metres away and i was caught. I will now be summoned to court and given my penalty points and fines but im worried when i tell my AFCO at my interview it will affect me going forward.

Ps ive never had any issues with police before and this is very recent also the vehicle did have learner insurance,tax and MOT.

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
That was turbo unlucky! Something inside me thinks the chances of you being pulled after a 50 mtr drive are astronomical and that’s not entirely the truth.

Either way, just give the AFCO a ring and let them know as it will more than likely come up in your Security Check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Looking at your age, it looks more like driving with no insurance, driving without a licence (provisional if you are by your self doesn''t count), unaccompanied as a provisional licence holder. You could be disqualified. You didn't have problems with the Police, you broke the law of the land. It sounds as though this "short distance driving" could be a regular thing and someone has phoned it in.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hello im looking for advice or anyone who could give me some insight into my situation.
I am due to have my Royal navy interview next week.
But recently i was pulled over in my car and had it seised and compounded and was punished for invalid insurance. I was moving my car down the road as it was parked on yellow lines. The car park was 50 metres away and i was caught. I will now be summoned to court and given my penalty points and fines but im worried when i tell my AFCO at my interview it will affect me going forward.

Ps ive never had any issues with police before and this is very recent also the vehicle did have learner insurance,tax and MOT.
Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. Just be up front and honest.

Eviqs

Midshipman
Happened with me, my insurance was deemed null and void, I got the points (6) and a decent fine. Because it was in my first 2 years of driving, subsequently I was banned.

Just let your AFCO know and prove to them that you’ve paid the fine, they’ll be more appreciative that you’ve told them.

James.17

Looking at your age, it looks more like driving with no insurance, driving without a licence (provisional if you are by your self doesn''t count), unaccompanied as a provisional licence holder. You could be disqualified. You didn't have problems with the Police, you broke the law of the land. It sounds as though this "short distance driving" could be a regular thing and someone has phoned it in.
Thats honestly the truth it was a decision i gave no thought to i can deal with the car but losing my chance with the navy for that mistake would leave me distraught

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Horatio Nelson If The Royal Navy Didn't Pay, Would You Still Join? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
P Still be able to join? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
P If you join at 16 do you still get sent into afghanstan? The Corps 12
GSSR_Vvd Do you still get your bounty if you join up FT? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
W Will I still be able to join if I'm charged with ABH? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
MoD_RSS An inclusive political solution in Libya is still greatly needed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progress is still needed if a political settlement is to be reached in Syria MoD News 0
M Holiday booked will I still be able to go if I start my navy application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
C Still serving? The Quarterdeck 7
O sprog to the Forum - Doe we still get our pensions at 55 ? Finance & Pensions 7
MoD_RSS Press release: Record number of schoolgirls make digital waves but women still under-represented in the cyber security sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Report 02/2019: Self-detrainment of passengers onto lines that were still open to traffic and electrically live at Lewisham MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Alok Sharma: 'There is still an urgency for us to act' on women’s economic independence MoD News 0
A Still waiting for start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
yicker This thing is still a thing then? Diamond Lil's 19
onions Wasp still flying? The Fleet Air Arm 2
P Is HMS Bristol still in commission? The Fleet 4
Stirlin Jeff Beck : Still on the run. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 1
TheMau5e Failed FATs... Can i still take AIB? The Fleet Air Arm 17
T Is it still possible to do a WE PWO hybrid? The Fleet 5
P 'Top Gun' Royal Navy pilot who took on Taliban while fyling upside down still waiting to bring Ameri The Fleet Air Arm 24
Jack-The-Lad HMS GANGES - Still serving Bases / Shore Est 15
Joint_Force_Harrier Still Bitter & Twisted Diamond Lil's 29
effitilljointhenavy Aircrewman - FAT's still required? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
N Failed my RT but still got enough points for WE CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Guns RAF WWII bombs - the gifts that still give. Current Affairs 4
A RN Still short of Engineers? Ahem! The Quarterdeck 45
B still possible? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
D Can skimmers still drink at sea? The Fleet 82
soleil Telegraph: "The Royal Navy Can Still Be Fighting Fit Despite BAE Job Losses" Current Affairs 28
SONAR-BENDER Is KP still in business......... Diamond Lil's 4
H Is there somewhere I can still watch Officers and Gentlemen? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
soleil Telegraph: "Lethal Relics From WW1 Are Still Emerging" History 7
soleil Shepard: "IMDEX 2013: Royal Navy Argues It Is Still Relevant" The Fleet 1
D If an application for officer has failed, can you still pursue a career as a rating? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Speech: Burma making significant strides towards reform but challenges still remain MoD News 0
O Father passed away - will Mum still get pension? Finance & Pensions 19
trelawney126 Why is Bliar still expounding his Views Diamond Lil's 2
scouse FAA faces a 4year gap in AEW and still not fixed wing The Fleet Air Arm 24
finknottle The Tories are still at it. Current Affairs 15
soleil BBC News Magazine: "Does Anybody Still Need Aircraft Carriers?" The Fleet 3
soleil BBC News Magazine: "Could Britain Still Defend The Falklands?" Current Affairs 0
finknottle Snouts still in the trough Current Affairs 32
D Is anyone going in as a submariner chef and still waitin for a start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
stan_the_man How long is it after you leave the service can they still charge you?? Diamond Lil's 12
soleil Navy News: "Commandos Keeping Insurgents In Check – But Still 'Hard Work To Be Done'" The Corps 0
soleil Guardian: "Bohemian Rhapsody Still Top Of The Charts With The British Armed Forces" Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 2
pussercdo An old Bobitt joke - still funny Miscellaneous 0
M Still recruiting Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
C Still serving RAF SNCO interested in helping SCC SCC and URNU 17