Can i still join the navy with this conviction?

James.17

Hello im looking for advice or anyone who could give me some insight into my situation.
I am due to have my Royal navy interview next week.
But recently i was pulled over in my car and had it seised and compounded and was punished for invalid insurance. I was moving my car down the road as it was parked on yellow lines. The car park was 50 metres away and i was caught. I will now be summoned to court and given my penalty points and fines but im worried when i tell my AFCO at my interview it will affect me going forward.

Ps ive never had any issues with police before and this is very recent also the vehicle did have learner insurance,tax and MOT.

crash_evans

Lantern Swinger
That was turbo unlucky! Something inside me thinks the chances of you being pulled after a 50 mtr drive are astronomical and that’s not entirely the truth.

Either way, just give the AFCO a ring and let them know as it will more than likely come up in your Security Check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Looking at your age, it looks more like driving with no insurance, driving without a licence (provisional if you are by your self doesn''t count), unaccompanied as a provisional licence holder. You could be disqualified. You didn't have problems with the Police, you broke the law of the land. It sounds as though this "short distance driving" could be a regular thing and someone has phoned it in.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hello im looking for advice or anyone who could give me some insight into my situation.
I am due to have my Royal navy interview next week.
But recently i was pulled over in my car and had it seised and compounded and was punished for invalid insurance. I was moving my car down the road as it was parked on yellow lines. The car park was 50 metres away and i was caught. I will now be summoned to court and given my penalty points and fines but im worried when i tell my AFCO at my interview it will affect me going forward.

Ps ive never had any issues with police before and this is very recent also the vehicle did have learner insurance,tax and MOT.
Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. Just be up front and honest.

Eviqs

Midshipman
Happened with me, my insurance was deemed null and void, I got the points (6) and a decent fine. Because it was in my first 2 years of driving, subsequently I was banned.

Just let your AFCO know and prove to them that you’ve paid the fine, they’ll be more appreciative that you’ve told them.

James.17

Looking at your age, it looks more like driving with no insurance, driving without a licence (provisional if you are by your self doesn''t count), unaccompanied as a provisional licence holder. You could be disqualified. You didn't have problems with the Police, you broke the law of the land. It sounds as though this "short distance driving" could be a regular thing and someone has phoned it in.
Thats honestly the truth it was a decision i gave no thought to i can deal with the car but losing my chance with the navy for that mistake would leave me distraught