can i serve the full 18 years?

More the radical pension change in '05 (though it is tri-service). It's until age 40 or 18 years if over 22.

Don't even ask about LS or OE 8O

hohohoey said:
i am 25 and was wondering if i could serve the full 18 years or only until i am 40?

i was under the illusion that it was which ever comes around first, so in your case itll be age 40 then you will go before the admirality who will then decide wether or not to offer you an additional contract

aled_bryn said:
hohohoey said:
i am 25 and was wondering if i could serve the full 18 years or only until i am 40?

i was under the illusion that it was which ever comes around first, so in your case itll be age 40 then you will go before the admirality who will then decide wether or not to offer you an additional contract
It's just that - an illusion.

What has been said before is correct. Eighteen years or age 40, whichever comes later.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
aled_bryn said:
hohohoey said:

You were indeed under an illusion.

It's whichever is longer (ie: occurs last), not whichever's first.

So the answer is that the person can serve 18 years if reaching the age of 40 happens first, as already stated.

Ninja_Stoker said:
aled_bryn said:
hohohoey said:

You were indeed under an illusion.

It's whichever is longer (ie: occurs last), not whichever's first.

So the answer is that the person can serve 18 years if reaching the age of 40 happens first, as already stated.
i withdraw my last statement...

i feel as pathetic as morty :(

hi i'll be 34 when i begin training and was planning to stay in as long as i possibly can what age would that make me when i leave is it 56 or 52.

You can serve until 55 if you get the extension of service - there is no guarantee that you will.

Edit: Not having a dig, but can you really not add 18 to 34?

yeah i can do the maths just that i was told by my afco when i originally applied that it was 22 years full service. i was hoping to retire after doing full length of service sounds like i got to work after now.