Can I be deployed within 3 months of my TX date?

Hi I need some advice. Can I be deployed In the last 3 months of my career. If not can you please tell me where this is laid down.

Cheers

Guns

War Hero
It is a merry dance over resettlement time and such like. If this is a possibility you need to speak to your DO to get a career extension for the 3 months plus leave to cover resettlement. This triggers a review above the draft desk level and will indicate to a senior person that the RN, has yet again, fucked up in drafting.

Failing that "slipping at home" and feeling a spasm in your back may possible require some time ashore to heal. Not a service related injury so not requiring extra effort in the sense of medical review boards etc but enough to stop a deployment. So I'm told.

Quote from above...

Failing that "slipping at home" and feeling a spasm in your back may possible require some time ashore to heal. Not a service related injury so not requiring extra effort in the sense of medical review boards etc but enough to stop a deployment. So I'm told.

Great advice!!!! NOT!! How about just see out your remaining contract and deploy, apply for extension to take courses/leave.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Great advice!!!! NOT!! How about just see out your remaining contract and deploy, apply for extension to take courses/leave.

It depends. I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be deployed, but as ever, the RN tries to hold all the cards.

I just hope OP appreciates the effort going into turning this onto me even though it was their question

I just hope OP appreciates the effort going into turning this onto me even though it was their question

Never let the original post get in the way of a good pounding of following posts!!
(Go to the thread on Mess Fees, poor OP was only asking a question for a 'friend'!!)

Or summat like that :p

Why should he apply for an extension you absolute Weapon. He is entitled to resettlement and terminal leave
Please use the quote button to properly aim your remarks at the intended target / post.
Your post was right after mine and did not actually follow what I said.

Never mind - been called worse then an Absolute Weapon before now. Mostly by the wife though.

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
Please use the quote button to properly aim your remarks at the intended target / post.
Your post was right after mine and did not actually follow what I said.

Never mind - been called worse then an Absolute Weapon before now. Mostly by the wife though.
I do apologise whole heartedly lol

BigD1980

Lantern Swinger
Hi I need some advice. Can I be deployed In the last 3 months of my career. If not can you please tell me where this is laid down.

Cheers
TBH
It depends on a few factors really is it an exceptional circumstance i.e. nobody else could possibly go instead of you.
How much GRT and Terminal leave are you actually entitled to i.e. less than 6 yrs service not a lot.

Come of it @Taztiff if it was your wife, it would be man of no weapon:D

To ans Op you have you ans above, go see you DO/UPO or what ever manpower services is called and see what can be sorted, I have known a few including one sent to serve in the Falklands for his last 18months, so yes you can be drafted right at the end, if it happens it's up to you to sort out?