Can anyone tell me???

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by pamspace1, Aug 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My bf is in the BRN and says he has just been sent to an attack and I am worried sick about him because I don't know the name of ship he's on (he says he can't tell me ) and all I know is that it's in Iran. Is there anyone that knows about this mission? I'm just worried and want someone to talk to about this.

Thanks so much!
  2. I think if anyone did know this is not the place to discuss it. We have to be careful about security.
  3. I understand that you have to be careful about it. Can I ask you something? are you allowed to make phone calls or take pictures of each other during a mission? he says it isn't allowed.
  4. I will pm you
  5. Thanks. I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble, i'm just concerned about him.
  6. Although you may find the others (eg blokes) on the forum may have a more masuline view of his wishing to be uncontactable.
  7. I'm sure he would contact me if he could..we talk everyday for hours..
  8. Whats a Masuline view?? and can I have one?? :?
  9. Well what's your masculine view on the subject? lol
  10. You know, that he is deliberately not being in contact because he is not really in Iran or whereever. He is really in DQs!
  11. What is DQ's and it doesn't make sense to me that he wouldn't try to contact me if he could. Especially since we talk to so much everyday..
  12. I would not want to print my cynical masculine view for fear of upsetting you.
    DQ's is Detention Quarters where you get sent for being a naughty boy.

Also worth looking up in Jack Speak (the book) is "Sea Wife"
  13. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Detention Quarters, aka prison :)

Perhaps he's had his phone confiscated by his boss because he was meant to have been working? :) :) :)
  14. Now ya'll are being silly! lol

I know my man isn't in prison lol
  15. OK. Where is he then??
  16. Going to Iran, apparently.

If this was meant to be a Pearl Harbor-esque sneak attack, I think the cover is blown somewhat by this thread...
  17. Ah there it is - the cynical masculine view. How long did that take!
  18. He says he's on the Iran mission, but he can't tell me the name of the ship he is on, or call me from there because he says they aren't allowed to do that.
  19. Thats not Masculine - just realistic.
    There are two main options
    1. He can not get in touch for what ever reason
    2. He does not WANT to get in touch for whatever reason.

The rest is supposition until such times as you can pin him down and get a none waffle answer out of him. Top tip - knowing what ship he is on is a good place to start when trying to weed out the bull s**t from the truth......
  20. So bottom line is he says that are not allowed to make phone calls or take pictures during a mission. I really love him and I don't want to be duped.