can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by jakec448, Nov 6, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok guys, i have recieved my info on booking eye test etc.. so im booking my eye test monday, how long after my eye test can i expect my medical to be? im joining as a weapons engineer. any help appreciated. Excited now ive finally heard from them again!

2. Didn't you just ask this question?
    If you did a search like what wet_blobby suggested I'm sure you would find an anwser!

But as its a Sunday morning I'm feeling generous ... Personally for me, it took about 2 months from eye test to medical.

Hope that helps.

3. It depends which AFCO you're going through as to the volume of applicants and which Doc they're using.

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As TB states it depends on the AFCO, where you are in the selection process, how old you are & medical availability.

For example last month, my AFCO had 72 awaiting a medical, some waiting since July, after we had filled Oct & Nov appointments allocated. Meanwhile the RAF, who use the same Doctor, let 48 appointments go unfilled.

5. After I did my eye test I straight away rang up my AFCO to book the next availabke medical. But I suppose it varys from one careers office to another.

6. i agree with slimmjimm it was about 2 and a half months wait for me

7. Big help cheers guys, I can expect anywhere between a 1-3 month wait by the looks of it, getting closer ! :D thank you!

8. i had my first medical 2 weeks after my eye test, but that was a year and a half ago,

WSTB

9. I had my eye test the same day as my RT, and did my medical fitness and interview 2 weeks later (all on the same day). Have yet to meet someone who also did it this way so it really does depend on your AFCO :)