can anyone help?

jakec448

Ok guys, i have recieved my info on booking eye test etc.. so im booking my eye test monday, how long after my eye test can i expect my medical to be? im joining as a weapons engineer. any help appreciated. Excited now ive finally heard from them again!

SlimmJimm

Midshipman
Didn't you just ask this question?
If you did a search like what wet_blobby suggested I'm sure you would find an anwser!

But as its a Sunday morning I'm feeling generous ... Personally for me, it took about 2 months from eye test to medical.

Hope that helps.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
As TB states it depends on the AFCO, where you are in the selection process, how old you are & medical availability.

For example last month, my AFCO had 72 awaiting a medical, some waiting since July, after we had filled Oct & Nov appointments allocated. Meanwhile the RAF, who use the same Doctor, let 48 appointments go unfilled.

Holli

Lantern Swinger
After I did my eye test I straight away rang up my AFCO to book the next availabke medical. But I suppose it varys from one careers office to another.

alexb123

Midshipman
Didn't you just ask this question?
If you did a search like what wet_blobby suggested I'm sure you would find an anwser!

But as its a Sunday morning I'm feeling generous ... Personally for me, it took about 2 months from eye test to medical.

Hope that helps.

i agree with slimmjimm it was about 2 and a half months wait for me

Rah-Rah

Badgeman
Ok guys, i have recieved my info on booking eye test etc.. so im booking my eye test monday, how long after my eye test can i expect my medical to be? im joining as a weapons engineer. any help appreciated. Excited now ive finally heard from them again!

I had my eye test the same day as my RT, and did my medical fitness and interview 2 weeks later (all on the same day). Have yet to meet someone who also did it this way so it really does depend on your AFCO :)