can anyone help me re join?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by ian_meadows, Sep 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi thanks for reading. I left the Navy in nov 2005 after only serving 4 months(I was having serious family problems which I have sorted). I now know that it was a mistake and want to join up gain. The PSO recommended 24 months before I can join again but I would be nearly 33, too old for the trade I want to apply for (Diver). I have recently appplied but was basically told the above! I have now appealed but just wondered if anyone has been in this situation or has any advice, cheers.

2. First, I would love to know how you managed to join up in nov 2006 !!!!

3. Come on crazy. Not much help that.

Ian - have you tried asking for another PSO interview via the careers office and explaining your situation in rational terms? You will have to prove that your life is now settled. if you want it badly enough and show that you've sorted it all out and done your homework, etc you might pull it off.

SF

4. After the recent change in age discrimination laws there is going to be a raft of claims against discriminatory practice, such as an age bar for the Divers branch, so you shouldn't have to wait long for that to change. However, it's hardly likely that the Service will want to re-invest in an individual who is obviously a later entry than usual and who has already proved to be a high risk in relation to training costs. Sorry to be pessimistic.