Can anyone confirm this story?

Guzzler

War Hero
Jack_McHammocklashing said:
This years parade at the Cenotaph in London is much reduced (Due to road works and unable to pass the vet marchers through)

Strikes me as a sensible move.

I get the impression this is another 'us traditional Brits are so hard done by' type topic along the lines of the ''they' won't let us celebrate St George's day' brigade.

tommo

War Hero
No actually Guzzler this is a Topic about "Is this rumour true about Rememberance Parades being banned" I never wrote anything about St Georges Day why would I? I'm welsh lol

Old_Hand

Lantern Swinger
Greenie said:
No problems at Dundee
they are having the normal vets parade and march past followed by a service in the town .
Usually a good turn out --hope the weather is Ok.

Jock McH if you really fancy a RN rememberance Service come to Dundee
on the Sunday The Frigate UNICORN does an onboard service and wreath laying .RN and RNR and the Merch Navy etc.
Kick off 1500 medals to be worn rig uniform or suit or association blazer etc.

:nemo: :nemo:

Thanks for the invite and heads up
Though the way things are going here Glenrothes every "body" counts or they will have won, so I have to attend

Regards Jack McH

Guzzler

War Hero
tommo said:
No actually Guzzler this is a Topic about "Is this rumour true about Rememberance Parades being banned" I never wrote anything about St Georges Day why would I? I'm welsh lol

I realise that tommo (the topic, not your nationality) but it was a general comment about what appears to be the desire to be perceived as downtrodden which I feel is prevalent, admittedly more by us English than those of you in the principality and north of the border.