Can a stoker (marine engineering) do the AACC?

APPEAL. The current medical supremo for appeals against medical unfitness for entry is a retired surgeon captain who spent many years with the Royal Marines and has a green beret himself. He should know what he is talking about.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
RMP is a small branch. RNP is gagging for manpower, hence the reason it's open to direct entry, the minimum age has been reduced from 21 to 18 and on the next intake of 20 RN Police in May, there are 16 places up for grabs.

Seadog

War Hero
I know an LMA who was a 'Commando' medic but didn't pass out from
AACC - he failed one of the Commando Tests- so no green lid. It didn't cramp his style.

Petty Officer (as I believe she is now) Kate Nesbit MC is unlikely to be Commando qualified but her life saving skills in contact were undiminished.

I know an LMA who was a 'Commando' medic but didn't pass out from
AACC - he failed one of the Commando Tests- so no green lid. It didn't cramp his style.

Petty Officer (as I believe she is now) Kate Nesbit MC is unlikely to be Commando qualified but her life saving skills in contact were undiminished.
She is indeed now a POMA.

Also its OK passing the AACC however you have to get permission to wear the green lid when you move units (hardly likely you will be refused).
I know a leading aircrewman, (later to become a Lt Cdr SD), that was asked by his skipper on a Frigate to remove his green beret. The skipper was less than politely informed that he wasn't big enough to remove it as it had been earned and presented by someone way above his pay grade. (Words to that effect). Crewman was also a CSI, Combat Survival Instructor and qualified interrogator!!!!
Sod all happened to the crewman apart from pissing off his skipper!!!!!