Can a stoker (marine engineering) do the AACC?

Oh really? what reasons would a matelot do the AACC out of interest? Im joining as a AET myself so could I find myself doing it!?
Its a different Navy these days. I don't know the parameters for qualifying for AACC.
25 + years ago being on a Junglie squadron and being RN Aircrew were good starters, as was anyone who may serve with the Royal Marines. Radio operators, cooks for example.
These days, not qualified to comment on what would entitle an individual to volunteer for AACC.
Sorry.

Maxpowers

Lantern Swinger
Its a different Navy these days. I don't know the parameters for qualifying for AACC.
25 + years ago being on a Junglie squadron and being RN Aircrew were good starters, as was anyone who may serve with the Royal Marines. Radio operators, cooks for example.
These days, not qualified to comment on what would entitle an individual to volunteer for AACC.
Sorry.
Not to worry waspie , thanks for the insight !

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
My issue is the marines wont have me as ive got a metal plate in my wrist, due to the absolute nonsense fact that jumping in and out of cold water could shatter my metal plate. 1, titanium doesnt shatter at those temperatures, 2, ive been signed off by the doctor that im fully fit and that my wrist is actually stronger then before with all 100% movement back with no pain, so I literally dont get why they wont accept me?
Why didn't you appeal? All you need is the evidence to prove you have full strength, and mobility to undergo the rigours of Royal Marines Commando training. At present about 70% of medical appeals that are submitted with adequate supporting medical evidence are upheld in favour of the appellant.

With regard ET(ME)'s doing AACC , ET(ME) billets are available but often over-subscribed and the argument whether AACC is desirable or mandatory can easily be met with the counter-argument a Royal Marine could be trained to undertake the role of the ET(ME). So, in short: Possible, but by no means always guaranteed nowadays.

One way you could get a place on AACC, regardless of branch is to volunteer to undergo UKSF selection. All Naval personnel must now undertake AACC as a pre-requisite due to prior lack of fieldcraft skills. After completing AACC, you could always change your mind about the UKSF bit, leaving you with a green beret and a hacked-off SF selection /training team. On a positive note, you'll be good at running by then anyway :)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Just to add, there are a few green-bereted ET(ME)'s kicking around, but the last few I've spoken are RM to RN transfers, ie: RM trained ranks seeking the technical transferable qualifications offered by the ET(ME) branch. Likewise green-bereted Divers are more often RM to RN converts than AACC qualified RN Divers in my experience, although the reverse is entirely do-able.

Just to add, there are a few green-bereted ET(ME)'s kicking around, but the last few I've spoken are RM to RN transfers, ie: RM trained ranks seeking the technical transferable qualifications offered by the ET(ME) branch. Likewise green-bereted Divers are more often RM to RN converts than AACC qualified RN Divers in my experience, although the reverse is entirely do-able.
The majority are VMs who’ve realised the branch is pretty much dead man shoes for promotion, and the ME fast track is appealing. We had one, who subsequently went on to be a LPT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I saw a killick crusher with a green lid the other day, seems they'll take all sorts nowadays (gen dit BTW)
Following-on from this, today I saw a Joss wearing MTP combats with green/black RM Commando-style "mudguard" shoulder flashes with the words Royal Navy Police on them.

One can only assume RNP now stamp out crime in rural areas too. I'm struggling to imagine why PCS wouldn't fit-in with the local rig of the day in the Naval Base. It stands out like an undercover SIB operative wearing a civvy suit on a ship at sea and everyone playing along, pretending they hadn't noticed. :)

Following-on from this, today I saw a Joss wearing MTP combats with green/black RM Commando-style "mudguard" shoulder flashes with the words Royal Navy Police on them.

One can only assume RNP now stamp out crime in rural areas too. I'm struggling to imagine why PCS wouldn't fit-in with the local rig of the day in the Naval Base. It stands out like an undercover SIB operative wearing a civvy suit on a ship at sea and everyone playing along, pretending they hadn't noticed. :)
Perhaps he was told to go undercover and thought no-one could actually see him. Was he standing by any foliage?