Can a stoker (marine engineering) do the AACC?

Im soon to be starting training, however i am just wondering whether a Marine Engineer (rating) can comeplete the All Arms Commando Course (AACC)?

Cheers

Im soon to be starting training, however i am just wondering whether a Marine Engineer (rating) can comeplete the All Arms Commando Course (AACC)?

Cheers
Can't see the need for it. The navy doesn't support "badge collectors" as places on the AACC are limited to the people who need to do it for the job they are in. CDO ME - not likely.

My issue is the marines wont have me as ive got a metal plate in my wrist, due to the absolute nonsense fact that jumping in and out of cold water could shatter my metal plate. 1, titanium doesnt shatter at those temperatures, 2, ive been signed off by the doctor that im fully fit and that my wrist is actually stronger then before with all 100% movement back with no pain, so I literally dont get why they wont accept me?

Yes, i know but it doesnt make much sense if there is no limitations, i can fully understand if someone hasnt got the full range of movement and if it causes pain but my wrist is absolutely fine, i can drop to the floor and bang out the 70 press ups pain free.

My issue is the marines wont have me as ive got a metal plate in my wrist, due to the absolute nonsense fact that jumping in and out of cold water could shatter my metal plate. 1, titanium doesnt shatter at those temperatures, 2, ive been signed off by the doctor that im fully fit and that my wrist is actually stronger then before with all 100% movement back with no pain, so I literally dont get why they wont accept me?
Are you sure that it's the metal plate that's holding you back? Have you had a medical?

Are you sure that it's the metal plate that's holding you back? Have you had a medical?
I applied to join the marines last year , and got a date to start training, completed selection and passed and then had a motorbike crash a few weeks after which broke my wrist and therefore the metal playe got put in and when i went back to the AFCO they said the marines wont accept you anymore but the navy will, and at that point the Army CA said the paras will still have you, but i could never join them as my dad was one and to which we argue about whose better, so thats why im joining the navy

I applied to join the marines last year , and got a date to start training, completed selection and passed and then had a motorbike crash a few weeks after which broke my wrist and therefore the metal playe got put in and when i went back to the AFCO they said the marines wont accept you anymore but the navy will, and at that point the Army CA said the paras will still have you, but i could never join them as my dad was one and to which we argue about whose better, so thats why im joining the navy
Did you not just have to wait 12 months?
From the medical standards:"Fractures within the last 12 months, except fractures of the digits / clavicles".

Did you not just have to wait 12 months?
From the medical standards:"Fractures within the last 12 months, except fractures of the digits / clavicles".
Its been over 12 months now well i started a new application a few months ago so that when 12 months after the fracture was up i could literally get straight into selection and training, but the navy CA said to me “the marines wont take you with a plate in, to join u would have to take it out, or you can join the navy” but then again they did say that someone with my academic ability should really join as an officer but i just want to be a rating to be honest and everyone I use to speak to about joining the marines would say im to clever to join the marines but thats not how i see it, its something ive always wanted to do.

Its been over 12 months now well i started a new application a few months ago so that when 12 months after the fracture was up i could literally get straight into selection and training, but the navy CA said to me “the marines wont take you with a plate in, to join u would have to take it out, or you can join the navy” but then again they did say that someone with my academic ability should really join as an officer but i just want to be a rating to be honest and everyone I use to speak to about joining the marines would say im to clever to join the marines but thats not how i see it, its something ive always wanted to do.
There's only 2 things you can do
1) Ask @Ninja_Stoker his opinion. Although I'm sure he'll be quick to tell you that as with most everyone on here, he's not qualified to give you a medical opinion, only a doctor can give that.
2) Apply and get a doctor to either pass or fail you.
You'll get no definitive answer from chatrooms on the internet.

Why not join up, maintain a VERY high fitness/comittment level, then apply to join the SBS? It will be harder for you coming from a 'non infantry' type soldiery background, but it CAN be done.

There's only 2 things you can do
1) Ask @Ninja_Stoker his opinion. Although I'm sure he'll be quick to tell you that as with most everyone on here, he's not qualified to give you a medical opinion, only a doctor can give that.
2) Apply and get a doctor to either pass or fail you.
You'll get no definitive answer from chatrooms on the internet.
Okay, cheers

Seadog

War Hero
This subject warrants a forum of its own, it's been done to death.

There were opportunities for clankies to do AACC and not only for working in RM units. I know a former POMEM who did a near 3 year draft
(appointment) to 539 ASRM without AACC although it was 'desirable'. It isn't 'essential' and a gusting 3 month non essential pre joining course may be viewed as a luxury in the current manning climate.

My direct knowledge of this subject has reached its statute of limitations so I shall return to my Telegraph letters page and STFU.