CAMPAIGN TO GET THE GASH BARGE PUT BACK ON THE FRONT PAGE

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by golden_rivet, Dec 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Don't care

100.0%
  2. No - bin it altogether

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No - it should stay as it is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes please

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Please vote

:rendeer:

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

ERRR...where's the "put it back" option?

3. the bottom one sweetie ;)

4. wet_blobby

Re: CAMPAIGN TO GET THE GASH BARGE PUT BACK ON THE FRONT PAG

Hmmm.....was I having a blind moment? :thumright:

5. Re: CAMPAIGN TO GET THE GASH BARGE PUT BACK ON THE FRONT PAG

And we all know what causes men to go blind don't we Blobs!!

6. Re: CAMPAIGN TO GET THE GASH BARGE PUT BACK ON THE FRONT PAG

no - I fucked up constructing the poll first time round - just wanted to say bottom to you though ;)

7. Re: CAMPAIGN TO GET THE GASH BARGE PUT BACK ON THE FRONT PAG

oops - forgot I'm not on ROMFT you can't say words like ******* on here

8. wet_blobby

Re: CAMPAIGN TO GET THE GASH BARGE PUT BACK ON THE FRONT PAG

What would that be then? :p :happy3:

9. Re: CAMPAIGN TO GET THE GASH BARGE PUT BACK ON THE FRONT PAG

Well its either not eating enough carrots or you are tinkering too much!

10. Re: CAMPAIGN TO GET THE GASH BARGE PUT BACK ON THE FRONT PAG

Er, You have GR :clap:

11. Re: CAMPAIGN TO GET THE GASH BARGE PUT BACK ON THE FRONT PAG

love your winter avatar Mikh :thumright:

12. When and why was it removed from the front page anyway?

We always were able to type in the F... & C... words, so when did that change?

IS RR being forced to tone down? It was never particularly bad on here compared to other sites so what's happening?

13. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It was removed from the front page by the Admin/Owners ie Good & Bad Co. The idea being to remove the meaningless dross from the front page as they have done successfully with the sister site. It ought to be noted that dross does not equate to scurrelous, abusive in a banter way or the like - that is what Lil's is for.

The filter for the F and C words was applied because MOD machines have a filter set which will not allow such rough sailor talk through and restricts the users ability to b=view - again this is modelled on the sister site where it works well.

People occasionally get confused between site administration and censorship - this is not the case and Lil's should be seen as the main forum for the more base sorts of discussion.

This is my take - should anyone have any snags then a simple e-mail to the COs will provide further enlightenment.

14. thats fine foxy - just would like to know if others feel the same as me

15. Actually, some of that meaningless dross is quite entertaining, especially compared to some of the repeatedly inane questions being posted by some on the newbies forum, because they are hard of reading/understanding and can't be bothered to do some basic research. I'd rather see that forum ditched from the front page.

Who gives a fcuk about MOD machines? RR is an unofficial social forum on the INTERNET, not the MOD's INTRANET. It shouldn't matter what filters the MOD systems have set up. MOD computers aren't there for people to spend their time on t'interweb. (Although I occasionally use them for that purpose myself)

If we're unable to view replies to the Gash Barge on the front page then I can see more and more of the 'dross' being posted in Lil's and other forums.

I'm with G_R on this.

16. wet_blobby

J-G, dont be so hard on the newbies, it's endless hours of fun on there. Just let someone post a sensible, relevant answer then have fun......If you can restrain yourself that long which I admit is very hard at times.