Cameron WWII 'junior partner' gaffe

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by finknottle, Jul 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Prime Minister David Cameron slipped up when he described Britain as the "junior partner" of the US in fighting Nazi Germany in 1940, when America did not join the Second World War until a year later.

Yes nice one Dave, you go over to the States and talk down our country, the man should hang his head in shame. It seems that we got rid of one clown only to have him replaced by another.

2. You can't blame the bloke for having a cr*p history teacher at his school for the underprivileged. :lol:

2BM

3. I really admire your persistence finks. [​IMG]

I wonder if George Galloway gives lessons on handling the septics?

4. ... or maybe that Salmond bloke.... who lets Lockerbie bomber free !

5. [​IMG]

6. Look here you lot I've been in foreign affairs at the highest level of govenment for years, and I know full well that you are merely seeking an opportunity to poke fun at the sainted Mr Cameron.
    Therefore I am going to lock this thread as of now - you naughty, naughty boys!

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Sussex2 - ideas of granduer(sp) go to your room

8. Do you wear one of these

[​IMG]

or one of these

[​IMG]

9. Only on Saturday nights when I've finished writing my speeches :roll:

10. I don't think the yanks are in any position to lecture anyone on the morality of things, this is the nation that dropped chemicals all over Viet Nam leading to many children being born with birth deformities, funding the mujahideen who have now morphed into the Taliban, water- boarding to name just a few of their very dubious activities.

As for Cameron as an 'educated 'Eton and Cambridge man and being our PM he should learn to engage brain before gob.

11. [​IMG]

12. WreckerL. You're not making a smockery of this, are you?

13. Moi?

14. It is not my wish to poke fun at Dave ,it's to highlight his ineptness when it comes to dealing with the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet and yes it's a serious issue that warrants discussion or are we not allowed to critisise hug a hoody?

15. You are exactly correct and I am sure Mandelson will be along to correct the error of yours ways.

16. Is he a moderator? If so I want to be one or I will jump up and down until I make myself sick.

17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

So thats who he is, good we'll be able to get some mortgage advise

18. I'm off to join the other 'junior partner' losers in the pub.
    Good night to all.

19. finknottle. Don't forget to add "value a vandal" to his "hug a hoody" credentials.

Anyway, just to remind us, he said: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-10727983

Let's just see if he puts the British Government, the Assemblies and British Institutions up for scrutiny by the US Senate whenever the whim takes them.