Cameron promises EU referendum if re-elected in 2015

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Jan 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well I would say that's the next general election sewn up for the Tories, as Dave moves to appease the euro sceptic within his own party and runs scared of UKIP who incidentally, I will be voting for in the next European elections.

On a personal note I am fed up sitting in Costas with my skinny latte and thinking I could be in Krakow.
    I am starting my out campaign now:

1. Since we joined the EEC in 1973, we have been in surplus with every continent in the world except Europe. Over those 27 years, we have run a trade deficit with the other member states that averages out at £30 million per day.

2. In 2010 our gross contribution to the EU budget will be £14 billion. To put this figure in context, all the reductions announced by George Osborne at the Conservative Party Conference would, collectively, save £7 billion a year across the whole of government spending.

3. On the European Commission’s own figures, the annual costs of EU regulation outweigh the advantages of the single market by €600 to €180 billion.

4. The Common Agricultural Policy costs every family £1200 a year in higher food bills.

5. Outside the Common Fisheries Policy, Britain could reassert control over its waters out to 200 miles or the median line, which would take in around 65 per cent of North Sea stocks.

6. Successive British governments have refused to say what proportion of domestic laws come from Brussels, but a thorough analysis by the German Federal Justice Ministry showed that 84 per cent of the legislation in that country came from the EU.

7. Outside the EU, Britain would be free to negotiate much more liberal trade agreements with third countries than is possible under the Common External Tariff.

8. The countries with the highest GDP per capita in Europe are Norway and Switzerland. Both export more, proportionately, to the EU, than Britain does.

9. Outside the EU, Britain could be a deregulated, competitive, offshore haven.

10. Oh, and we’d be a democracy again.

The above 10 points are courtesy of the Telegraph.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Cameron wont give an EU referendum when he gets re elected i know that for sure.

3. I and no doubt others would like to know how you know that?

4. No you don't.

Anyway, nice cut and paste Pinnottle, any thoughts of your own? Plus, I thought you didn't like these 'rip off' coffee houses.

UKIP, hahahaa. Nigel Farage - fool and expenses hero (£2,000,000), candidates who believe unborn children with disabilities should be compulsorily terminated, Anders Brevik sympathisers, accusations that homosexuals enjoy pedophilia and bestiality, gay rights as a 'lunatic charter', members sacked for being pro gay marriage, further mass homophobia, comments that those of African and Caribbean descent are inbreeding drug addicts, far right antisemetic affiliations across Europe andmuch, much more A great vote for such an intelligent forward thinking party indeed. One policy wonders for the short sighted, blinkered little Englander.

5. I dont give a **** what you want to know knobhead.

6. Oh yes i do, He is all mouth and no action cameron is and anyone who cant see that is a fool.

7. Can you just go and get hit by a car so the adults can argue coherently without your poorly delivered spewings getting in the way?

8. To no one in particular, there is nothing wrong with being right of centre and I made it clear at the bottom of my post that the 10 points are from the Telegraph.

9. Fixed that for you Finks, since it is after office hours, no charge.

10. Any politician, Prime Minister or otherwise, making promises needs to be treated with, at best, suspicion, at worst, ridicule.
    The classic Blair line.............it wasn't a promise, it was an aspiration. If Rummers wants an idea to make him rich, write a book on politician's promises..........it'll be a best seller. I'd love a referendum on Europe, I'd also love to win the Lottery. I think my best chance is on the latter.

edited to add...............can't wait for the next edition of Private Eye

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  11. I agree Flags, politicians are slippery lying twats by nature but on this occasion I see no way that Dave, if re-elected can wriggle out of this one, for starters his own euro-sceptics would go effin mental.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The slight flaw in the plan is that the Tories have to be re-elected in 2015 with a working majority which is by no means a forgone conclusion.

13. I don't underestimate the wriggling ability of politicians, we're talking about something in five years time. Harold Wilson once said a week is a long time in politics, five years is an eternity. I heard a wonderful quote recently about Obama and the fiscal cliff......'he's kicked the can down the road'

14. Well I want this referendum and if anyone tries to tell me that it ain't gonna happen I will scream and scream and make myself sick, so there.

15. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I thought DC promised us a referendum before the last election as well - where did that go (along with the Great Repeal Bill and what-all else). All I see is Blair Lite with a fake tan and dyed hair.

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's before my time, but I remember seeing grainy black and white newsreel of a politician on a windy airfield waving a piece of paper and saying....'I have a note in my hand from Herr Hitler declaring peace in our time'......that never happened.

edited to add.............feckin' Germans.......I see your point Finx

17. Depends how far. If you wish to skirt with anti-semitism, homophobia, xenophobia and forced abortion. UKIP is for you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TJP

TJP

NEVER trust a tory !

• Like Like x 1
  19. Personalty I don't think he will give a referendum. He's just trying to claw back those who normal vote con but this time are going to vote for UKIP.

I don't do politics me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. God moves in mysterious ways his wonders to perform, he obviously saved him in order that he can go on and perform great deeds.

coming-out-of-wrec_1630933i.jpg