Calling all marines and ex-marines from around Wolverhampton

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by IfIWasAMarine, Jan 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I'm posting here because I'm trying to track down the 50+ ex-marines and the 4 serving but currently injured marines that I know to be in the greater Wolverhampton area and surrounding regions - so Willenhall, Walsall, Bilston, Codsall, Perton, Penn, Wednesfield, Bloxwich, Tenttenhall - any where in this general area.

Actually there may be other serving and un injured marines that are home on leave to the area occasionally, but I don't know how many!

If anybody on here either falls into the above category or knows someone who does, perhaps you could put them in touch?

We'd like to invite them to the RMA meetings that take place monthly at the RAF club in Penn, or any of the social functions that take place throughout the year - these range from concerts and events to daytrips, the most recent being a week in Normandy visiting some of the landing beaches... and the odd party for the sake of it :)

Current members range in age - the oldest being in their 80's down to me, a 27 year old female.

We'd love to hear from you but data protection means we've got to track you down ourselves :)

You can call John Mellor "The President" on 01902 688932
    [email protected] or myself, Sarah, on 0121 410 5260 (daytimes).

2. Ark wench yammorite?

Ar bin thinkin yo cor cum on 'ere lookin fer Bootnecks from Broily Eel, Windzbree and Borsil Eef until yerv posted sum pictures of yow with no clobber or kecks on. If'n they're bostin we'll give you a bag of suck an all.

Trarabit :bball:

RM

3. You first love, and I'll decide if you're worth it.

4. Fair reply that!!

5. Awlrite me old china :thumright:

6. Alwite tweacle!!! gord blimey guvnor your a saint and no mistaking!!!

7. I presume you haven't replied yet cos you're still sorting through your photographs?

8. If I can interupt your love in, but if you live in or aorund Wolverhampton would you mind keeping an eye out for a missing laptop? There are many people, including the defence secretary, who would be grateful if it turned up!

9. Re: Calling all marines and ex-marines from around Wolverham

I'm in Birmingham as we speak, furtively seeking aforementioned laptop.

10. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Psst..wanna buuy when of them fliptop gizmoes thingeeys?