Called Up?

Tall_bloke

Lantern Swinger
WarMonger said:
Tall_bloke said:
Wacka said:
Tall_bloke said:
Nice one STMB. I was mobilised in 2003 and loved every minute of it. Normal job just seems SO boring since I returned.

Yes .... and some of us spent six weeks sunning our fat arses off the coast of, where was it you went again?

Okay okay, so I spent 4 weeks in the Holiday Inn in Bahrain. I was holding myself in reserve just in case Saddam mounted a pincer movement behind allied lines, so I could move in and stop them!

I lost count of the number of times I saw you on a street corner laden with shopping bags...planning on halting Saddams armoured spearhead with a carrier bag????

Either that or you were touting for business and the bags were filled with the tools of the trade.....knowing you TB I think the second is far more likely....lol!!!

Hey, whilst you were messing around at sea I was taking one for the team by being seronaded by a camp Fillipino Lounge Singer. Now THAT'S what I call bravery!!

WarMonger

War Hero
[quote="Tall_bloke[/quote] Hey, whilst you were messing around at sea I was taking one for the team by being seronaded by a camp Fillipino Lounge Singer. Now THAT'S what I call bravery!![/quote]

TB..."Taking one for the team"....you're concerns about an offensive from the rear were clearly well founded..lol... :thumright:..ll

bebob

ASDIC said:
Splice the mainbrace
I have heard that the Seaman(Reserves) branch are doing valuable stuff, and that it won't be a case of if you get called up, it is a case of when. So if September fits with you, and they need you, sounds like a very good fit.
Good luck

ASDIC

I think I am behind the curve! When did AWFP become Seaman (Reserve)?

SpliceTheMainbrace

Lantern Swinger
bebob said:
ASDIC said:
Splice the mainbrace
I have heard that the Seaman(Reserves) branch are doing valuable stuff, and that it won't be a case of if you get called up, it is a case of when. So if September fits with you, and they need you, sounds like a very good fit.
Good luck

ASDIC

I think I am behind the curve! When did AWFP become Seaman (Reserve)?

Since last week, got told at Divisions. :wav:

cameraman

Midshipman
good luck SLMB. im green with envy. done my bit i suppose but time to call it a day even though ive had my name down since december. suppose the youngsters need a go. :thumright: woody

I was called up last July, originally for 6 mths, was given compassionate leave (My child was seriously ill), I was not allowed to return to deployment until Navy families felt situ at home was sorted & I was then told I was to be de-mobbed.

Was well chuffed :thumright: when offered FPG at Faslane, ended up extending twice, finnished end of April & returned to Civy job, Really miss being away & cant wait to go again.

This is the kind of thing you join reserves for, it's not just for the medals, I sill haven't even applied for one from 2003.....

Anyone know when next available deployments are after september, may make myself available!!

What is the Max over 3 years we can be called for duty & do they count compulsary leave (POTL) :salut: