Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cadet uniform...help!

looby

Hi wasn't sure where to post this....hoping someone can help.
My son joined junior sea cadets last week. He has come home this evening and has put his name down to collect for remembrance day on Saturday and take part in the remembrance parade in Helensburghon Sunday....the problem is he hasn't got the uniform? They have given him a jumper which is miles too small and a windproof jacket.......but nothing else.....it's all new to me but I assume they maybe have to order it. He really wants to prticipate in these things at the weekend but feels very uncomfortable with the fact that he hasn't got the right gear......I don't know what to do as I can't contact the cadets here as they only have a mobile switched on on the parade night itself as an emergency contact and they have no facilityto leave a message outside hours.
Is it possible for me to buy the stuff somewhere....or even better would hubby be able to obtain them from stores......where does the stuff come from?
Thanks Looby x

Looby, fairplay to your son. I doubt the people that will give will be any less generous because of a uncorrectly dressed lad. Fair play for him wanting to help.

See if Hubby can get the lad a hat from stores and a Neptune cap tally.

The windproof jacket and hat should do it.

You need his hat size though ------measure around his head above his eyes mid forehead [like where a hat would sit!] with a cloth tape measure
the measurement is in centimetres . Possibly a 55 or 54 ?? or even get him a beret with a badge --berets stretch or shrink might be cheaper !!

I don't think they issue uniforms till you have done a bit of attendance time first.

:nemo: :nemo:

looby

Hi all,
A bit late in the day I know, but thought I'd update. Hubby bought him a jumper from stores and along with the baseball cap and coat they had given him he looked fine.
I was really proud of him....he did his 2 hour stint collecting then volunteered to go back and do another 2 hours. Then on the Sunday he did the Parade in Helensburgh then volunteered to do it again in Alexandria. So a very busy weekend!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TheLegend27 CCF Cadet New uniform SCC and URNU 11
N What next? RFA cadet application RFA 1
M Cadet Deck officer college choices. RFA 9
MoD_RSS New award scheme shines spotlight on Cadet Force adult volunteers MoD News 0
D Information on RFA Cadet Officer (Deck) course RFA 6
SeaBiscuit RFA Officer Cadet Interview and AIB RFA 1
Simon - Quest Magazine Combined Cadet Forces - School Staff Instructor (SSI) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS Cadet Expansion Programme reaches 500 unit target MoD News 0
K Cadet Engineering advice RFA 4
J Able Cadet Advancement SCC and URNU 5
A Warfare officer Vs Cadet deck officer RFA Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
S RFA Deck Officer Cadet - Maths grade? RFA 8
L Deck Officer Cadet RFA 8
Pandaplodder ex-Navy servicewoman stole £60k from a sea cadet charity SCC and URNU 14
MoD_RSS News story: Cadet Forces increase social mobility and help young people’s self-belief, new report finds MoD News 0
D RFA intakes - Cadet Marine Engineer Officer RFA 1
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary announces latest wave of cadet units in schools MoD News 3
MoD_RSS News story: Cadet Forces increase social mobility and help disadvantaged kids reach... MoD News 1
C Joining as Deck Officer Cadet RFA 1
J Deck Officer Cadet entry requirements RFA 5
L Officer cadet accommodation RFA 5
MoD_RSS News story: Thousands of students will benefit from new cadet units backed by £50 million... MoD News 0
Z RFA Cadet Deck Officer or Comms Apprentice RFA 37
TheLegend27 CCF cadet doing SCC courses SCC and URNU 2
northern-matelot Cadet Force Adult Volunteer Commission. SCC and URNU 43
MoD_RSS News story: Defence Secretary: Helping young people through 25 new school cadet units MoD News 0
AC.C Able Cadet > Leading Cadet > Petty Officer Cadet? SCC and URNU 20
MoD_RSS News story: Cadet pupils on the march as Minister visits Scotland MoD News 0
exJenny When are you joining the RFA? Apprentice or cadet! RFA 174
M RFA deck cadet RFA 18
D Just a bit of clarification with regards system engineer cadet officer recruitment RFA 1
SquidlyDiddly Cadet salary + Accommodation costs RFA 5
T Deck Officer Cadet SIFT RFA 12
MoD_RSS News story: Additional funding for the Cadet Expansion Programme MoD News 1
Simon - Quest Magazine CLOSING DATE MONDAY - School Staff Instructor - Combined Cadet Force - £28,000 - £30,000 – Wimbledon The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
T What Certificates will an RFA Officer cadet achieve after finishing there 3 years of College RFA 3
P RFA deck officer cadet pay whilst training RFA 46
S Deck Officer Cadet - GCSE worries! RFA 9
B medical officer cadet information???? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
RFA at HMS Raleigh RFA Cadet Joining Process RFA 8
B RFA Cadet Marine Engineer RFA 19
B Transfer to Deck Cadet after AIB? RFA 8
T Average cadet age? RFA 6
G Life Whilst Studying as an Officer Cadet RFA 21
trelawney126 Pertwee Naval Cadet and Dalek Battler History 3
soleil Hull Daily Mail: "'Resolve' Helps Cadet To Complete Training" RFA 4
TotalAlien Officer cadet in the RNR? Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 8
B Officer Cadet Training Facility RFA 8